Model Cars Magazine Forum

Older build, Ford C-600

This is one I finished about 25 years ago, it started out as the AMT "City Delivery" van. The flatbed and stakes, bows are scratchbuilt. The lift gate from the kit was used. This model follows a 1/1 prototype, a Weyerhaeuser truck that used to make regular runs in Coos Bay Oregon until Weyco closed there.

P3110103.jpg

I built this back in the days before I paid any attention to door handles and license plates, etc, but I think it is still a decent build, and as an early attempt at scratchbuilding, it holds a special place with me. I'll probably make some minor detail improvements on it some time. Dan

P3110104.jpg

Yep it still exists. Just took the pictures of it Saturday (3-11-06)

I only have a couple other models from about that time that are still original, the rest have been made over to some extent. Any prior to '77 (when I graduated HS) are long gone. That includes some serious glue bombs. Dan

• 8 months later...

I still have my very first truck model, built in 1991 when I was 13. It was the 1991 re issue of the Mack R model. I painted it dark blue and had a Fruehauf tanker behind it. the trailer is long gone, but I still have the Mack. It nose dived off a shelf more than once(at least mom always said she was sorry. She learned you don't dust models, just the furniture), so it is going to be rebuilt with the dump body from the Autocar dump truck. I was going to restore it, but it deserves new life, and the benefits of what I learned since then. your ford looks good though. briught my memories back.