Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fred Cady?

I know he passed away a number of years ago, and last I'd heard his family was going to do some limited production.

Whatever happened with this company? Whatever happened to all his silk screens and equipment? Seems one of the other companies would have liked to get their hands on them.

Just curious.

Fred is FINE!!! At least last I heard......he has retired from daily production of decals. He does sell off inventory to some dealers that carried his product in the past. I hear if he gets enough requests for a decal from dealers he may run them....but it may just be old stock on hand. I understand if you snail mail him and ask if he has an item he will respond.

Fred got me into the graphic arts biz. Back in the early 1980's he attended a model show he held in Charlotte. He also attended a few club get togethers as he had family in the Charlotte area and would come by when in town. A good guy....

I talked to Fred two weeks ago. He didn't sound dead. He is still doing reprints in his retirement. He does still fill orders that find their way to his P.O. box which you can find in his old adverts in SAE and Model Cars. He also sells a lot of decals to several dealers.

With apologies to Sam Clemens...the rumors of Fred Cady's demise have been greatly exaggerated! ^_^

His decal company is dead. He is very much among the living.

But his decal company is not dead. He does not advertise and go to shows to sell anymore. He is not creating new sheets but is reprinting some old ones. He still sells to dealers and mail order outfits and does fill the occasional order that comes to his P.O. Box.