Model Cars Magazine Forum

Britsh capri,American power..Its Finished....

Hi all,I have been trying to find 1 of these for a while when i found this 1.This is just a quick mock up to see what it will look like.There won't be a lot of progress for a while as i need to finish up a few other builds.Your thoughts and comments are welcome..

f8n1.jpg

klo1.jpg

2yft.jpg

9dsif.jpg

qj3gq.jpg

ze3rm.jpg

80vo.jpg

Edited by 1 bad55 stan

I was also going to do this but Frankton model shop sold it just before I went back to get it. It had been sitting there for years :(

. Oh well, at least I know I'll get to see what it would have looked like :) and I know you'll do a great job

I was also going to do this but Frankton model shop sold it just before I went back to get it. It had been sitting there for years :(

. Oh well, at least I know I'll get to see what it would have looked like :) and I know you'll do a great job

i know what your saying Brett,the local had one for ages and i never bought it,then i decided to buy one i couldn't find one.Then this came up on trademe,It might take me a while as i have a few builds to finish,I will try to make us Kiwis proud...

As cool as it looks I think wheel selection will be key to this one. Not all blinged out but a more modern style of perhaps black or a dark grey.

My .02

Bob

Hi Bob,What wheels would you suggest?I like the convo pros my self but hay i'm open to any ideas.

Solid start Stan. When I was a kid walking to school in Chicago there was a black one on the block. It had round head lights. I always thought it looked cool...

These cars were common here in NZ,From memory the round head light models were a GLX with a vinyl roof and a sun roof,I think the us cars had round headlights,just like the xj jaguars.Now some one will prove me wrong!cheers Carl.

Cool. Not too long ago on a wish-list thread on this forum, a statement was made that there had never been a gen-1 Capri in styrene. I guess that's wrong. Nice start on something unusual.

Yeah thanks Bill,These kits are hard to find,There was another company that made these kits i think it was hasegawa..

I remember in the 70's my step dad having a few, from the round lights, to the single big square one, manuals and autos. 2 V6 engines were fitted, one from UK, the Essex, and the German Koeln. Tamiya did a kit many years ago, Zakspeed IIRC. I myself was into 70s Toyotas, esp Celica's, owned a few.

These have always been a great, fast little car over the decades, there was one in the hotel next to me at the Summernats a couple of years ago, lexus V8, twin turbo, 800+ hp, 8 sec 1/4, street driven, hell, he even took it through the drive through at KFC, thats how drive-able it was.

Will be watching what you do to this thing mate.