Model Cars Magazine Forum

2013 Cannonball Run CBP

Nick Winter

Cutlass update. Interior is almost finished. Just need to add dash decals and glue everything together. Tonight I flocked the floor and lower door panels.

002-40_zpsd5de6e46.jpg

002-40_zps81103249.jpg

One problem I did notice was with the door panel decals. They were a little bit short to cover the whole area they are supposed to cover. The passenger side decal also has the same cut out for the mirror adjusters as the drivers decal. Luckily Revell includes 2 center consoles (for automatic and 4 speed trans) and the extra decal film can be trimmed to cover up the area that should have been covered in the first place.

Edited by Bad Brad #2

Update time, I would have got this up sooner but photobucket was being a pain. Anyway after alot of thinking (and yes that hurt) I decided it would be best to scratch build a frame rather than extend the original for the twin Hemi's. So after a few burnt fingers and choice words this is what I got, it's my very first attempt at a custom frame so we'll see where it goes.

Post1Pic1_zps96c75588.jpg

Post1Pic2_zpsc9d8c0e7.jpg

Post1Pic3_zps1e745f01.jpg

That's pertty much what I got for now, I will start on the GTX soon, I just want to get this a little futher along seeings how this is uncharted water for me.

Everyones builds are looking great so far.

Go ahead Dominik, jump in. Anyone can join as long it's finished by the deadline, so there are many months ahead. When you're ready, just post photos of your starting point and you'll be added to the list.

O.k., i've done my choice after a look into the boxes.

Please count me in with a '66 Buick Wildcat:

CIMG130311_006.jpg

...so lets get started to work on it. I will do my best ;)

@Lonathan: to build a frame is just amazing!

@all: interesting work! I am impressed.

Hi Derick, i hope so too!

I opened the box yesturday the first time. I got it from my brother, he wants to sell it. While i built the Hasegawa-kit <_< long time ago, i hoped, this amt is better in details.

o.k...it has an engine...but if i look along my bench and see the amt-"Christine" or 57 Chrysler 300 C (those kits i love because the Detail!)...hm. Should i tune up the enginebay? I don't know, how far i will go with it...

Have some progress to show on my Viper. Got the chassis mostly together and added some carbon fiber accents to the interior. The body probably won't be done for a while since I have to sand and repaint, but it will be a dark silver color. Hopefully that will be a bit less noticable when it is flying down the interstate!

IMG_0398_zps72a6c917.jpg

IMG_0399_zpse1d0e924.jpg

IMG_0400_zpsba34291a.jpg

IMG_0401_zpse957ea56.jpg

IMG_0403_zps574ee961.jpg

IMG_0404_zps26733592.jpg

Hi all, Quick update, There was a slight oversight made when I measured the width of the frame, my measurements were made using the out side of the body not the inside. :rolleyes: The frame also sat higher in the rear than I wanted so after separating it and a little modification the problem was solved and I'm happy with it now. The front brace is only taped on for now, I still don't know exactly where the engines will sit.

Post2Pic1_zps35adf966.jpg

After a little mock up test on the differential I think it's too narrow for what I want so I've been modding a slightly wider differential for a little bit wider stance in the back.

Post2Pic2_zpse7b526eb.jpg

Sorry for the size difference I was messing around with the settings on the camera a little.

Post2Pic3_zps2fbd54b8.jpg

After looking at the picture I just realized that the shock mount on the left is a little crooked so I'll have to fix that.

The Viper is looking good Josh, nice touch on the carbon fiber.

Finally have another update!

Here's the chassis painted with the front suspension installed, and fuel tank painted.

SDC11853.jpg

Engine mounted to the rear subframe along with the axles and sway bar. Valve covers added to the engine, along with the starter and remote oil filter. Exhaust manifolds flipped to provide better exhaust routing clearance. Still need to add dipstick and distributor/plug wires.

SDC11850.jpg

SDC11852.jpg

SDC11851.jpg