Model Cars Magazine Forum

STP 25 anniversary

shafer

You know how I am by now - still tring to find way to aquire all of the petty rides. I found this car at a local NASCAR shop on sale so I scooped it up to add color to my collection. As you will see it is a racing champions diecast, but it lacks detail. I drilled out the ribits and dissasembled it, sand the tires added color to the window net and dash. Painted the black wheels blue, painted the unpainted lower grille and window trim, hoodpins, lugnuts, tape sunvisor inside winshild and added markings on tires and other parts of the body.After spraying with a coat of clear so it would shine, I added undercarriage details with paint and jb welded it back together. Ok it is still a diecast, however, i do think it is vasly improved. Thanks for looking

101_0054_zpsdb0074c3.jpg

Before

101_0056_zps00872fa6.jpg

101_0057_zps77419922.jpg

101_0058_zps125221a8.jpg

101_0059_zpse30c4cc4.jpg

101_0060_zpsfcb51fde.jpg

101_0061_zpsaa7feae8.jpg

AFTER

Looks good, I'd be too scared to try it to any of mine.

Thanks, I dont mind going into new diecast because sometimes it is the most financial feasable way to get a car I want, It looks like I will have to do that to get the fusions and mustangs of the 43 and 9. I feel that if I disasemble it and make it better than it is my work.

thanks again for looking.