Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 71 Ranger Pickup

Daf57

I've never built anything with such precise parts fit. Tamiya better be taking notes. The separate side trim pieces are the only things with no real positive means of location.

I was able to friction fit the entire front suspension together and do mock ups......and this was without any instructions!!! Well engineered kit.

As I said before, "DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!" :D (This board really needs a drooling smiley!)

That looks great. Thanks for doing the fixes. I can't stand the wait, but when I get the kits in my hands, it will all be worth it. I am on a kit buying hiatus until I get a few built and thin the stash a bit, but I will make an exception for this kit, and the Model King '69. I am going to order an extra one or two if they look that nice. Gotta make a street machine out of one. (BTW, ever notice if you google a year and look at Chevy trucks, most of them are dropped, modded, repainted etc, and if you look at Fords from the same year, most of them are restored to stock, with factory colors and wheels?)

I am serious about ordering an extra copy of each too. Build a total winner, and I will buy them.

Thanks for keeping us up to date, and thanks for involving us in the process, even if it gets a bit hairy at times. (Pontiac test shots come to mind) In the end it makes for better kits and more excited customers.

bumpside_zps1c0e53bb.jpg

Definitely looks better than the first test shots. For the first time, I'm glad the chrome trim is separate. Can you post a dead on shot of the grille and a dead on shot of the side?

I have been waiting for this one for some time as well. Looking at the one posted I would say they nailed it. After reading 43 pages of posts on the other thread I am glad they kept on going. That got, IMO, way past polite and a lot of guys embarrased the hobby with their statements. Considering the estimated price on this kit, the subject matter and the quality I have seen from Moebius on the Hudson I feel it will blow up when released. What blows my mind is how open they were with the design and test shots. I hope that continues. The Plymouth and Comet are kits we have all long wanted. The LWB F100 is a gem. Cannot wait to see the first one that gets the old wedge haulerbed that Model King offered years back.

I also heard that with the dock worker's strike, there are ships waiting to come in to unload and it might be awhile. It might also be the reason we're not getting some new releases. I know the kits will be here before I have ALL the kits in my "stash" built.

That may have trapped some things weeks ago (before Christmas) but since then shisp have been re-routed to the MANY open ports. I had a master case of Hudson kits labeled 'Portland' IIRC.......

Michael Moore "Cannot wait to see the first one that gets the old wedge haulerbed that Model King offered years back."

Thanks for that comment, now I'll have to buy 2 long beds, one a custom & one for the Model King Racer's Wedge kit I just got.... :unsure:

Maybe we should be lobbying Round 2 to re release the wedge and camper kit. I want to do the RV camper myself.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From the pictures I saw of Chuck's, all I can say is I'll take one each, the long-bed and Flareside. I'm really looking forward to these trucks.

Charlie Larkin

From the pictures I saw of Chuck's, all I can say is I'll take one each, the long-bed and Flareside. I'm really looking forward to these trucks.

Charlie Larkin

Charlie Larkin

Charlie Larkin

You can say that again!

• 3 weeks later...