Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell Build & Play Jeep Wrangler Rubicon SnapTite

kelson

^_^

85-1686-lg.jpg

I hope that is just a bad photoshop job and the real kit will be based on the existing Rubicon kit. I like the existing kit despite the snapkit nature and have been hoping Revell would use it to offer more options including a hardtop, but the posted photo looks terrible.

I hope that is just a bad photoshop job and the real kit will be based on the existing Rubicon kit. I like the existing kit despite the snapkit nature and have been hoping Revell would use it to offer more options including a hardtop, but the posted photo looks terrible.

Other than the photoedited turn signal lights and headlights, it appears this is the model. Remember, this is a simple 20-ish piece kit aimed at entry level builders. Very simplified, and all it needs to do is look reasonably like a Jeep, and it does.

Other than the photoedited turn signal lights and headlights, it appears this is the model. Remember, this is a simple 20-ish piece kit aimed at entry level builders. Very simplified, and all it needs to do is look reasonably like a Jeep, and it does.

I thought that was the market the current Rubicon was aimed at. Oh, well guess I'll just have to wait and see what they do.

The Rubicon is going the route of the Build n Play, making it like 7-9 parts, not 20. It was touted as NEW tooling, not a modification of the diecast into plastic kit. Like so many less than truthful concept drawings - remember the Police Expedition looked much different from the Art Department than the real box - I'd be in wait and see mode over anything.

• 2 weeks later...

The Rubicon is going the route of the Build n Play, making it like 7-9 parts, not 20. It was touted as NEW tooling, not a modification of the diecast into plastic kit. Like so many less than truthful concept drawings - remember the Police Expedition looked much different from the Art Department than the real box - I'd be in wait and see mode over anything.

Yeah, the Revell site is claiming 10 parts, the other Rubicon kit had 91. I hope this doesn't mean we wont see more releases of the "advanced" snap kit version.

Unlike the '15 Mustang GT, this Build and Play kit actually has some chassis detail- but it would be hard to get away with a flat plate on a vehicle that sits as high as a Wrangler. I'm told the chassis from the Rubicon will fit under the body from this one with minimal work. if that's true you could probably use the Rubicon interior too, though you'd need to modify the inner door panels, as this one has full doors and obviously the inner door panels differ. This kit also has a separate hood and proper five-bolt wheels (the latter correctly shown in the pic).

Edited by Chuck Most

Finally with HT. I think would be a great addition if true, so the modeler have the possibility to chose with or without hard top. I had this kit but gave to a kid, I was curios to see if the hardtop from the Tamiya could work on this one too. I know that the Revell is 1/25 and Tamiya 1/24.

A member of our local model car club, brought a straight built out of box one to our meeting last. I was more impressed than I expected to be. A pretty nice looking model. I'm going to pick one up. And do a quick build straight out of box with it. It willing be fun to build something quickly that looks that good.

Scott