Model Cars Magazine Forum

1950 Ford Coupe Gasser-WIP

Aaron_F

My current build was starting to annoy me, so I decided to work on some other stalled projects instead, but lost interest in them quickly. I decided I needed to start a fresh build, and this '49 Ford seems to fit the bill. I bought the kit from a member of the Scale Auto forum a few years ago. The body had radiused wheelwells, shaved drip rails and shortened side trim when I bought it.

Picture353.jpg

Picture354.jpg I'm using the stock control arm suspension instead of a straight axle, for a more "home built" look. It will have the blown Cadillac from the kit and a '50 grille. The slicks are those crappy AMT Goodyear Bluestreaks (I managed to find two that didn't have the hole off center). This is going to be a circa '66-'68 gasser, so they were necessary. The front tires are AMT Firestones. The front wheels are from the double dragster and the rear wheels are from the '60 Starliner kit. The paint will probably be candy green.

Edited by Aaron_F