Model Cars Magazine Forum

The ugly 69 Nova

Rusty Sierra

I used two kits to complete this nova... The two in one kit and the copo kit. Originally I had envisioned this project completely different. I was going to use the stock copo dog dish hub cap wheels all around however I misplaced one of them. So I decided it might be cool to try something different and use the stock wheels and tires up front with some steelies wrapped with big meats in the back. I had to cut up some rims I found in my parts bin to get them to fit. I was going to use the SS hood and had glued the louvres down before I polished it... big mistake. The polish stripped the chrome right off the louvres. So instead I used the cowl hood and went with a flat black to try and make it look more dimensional. Actually I was just being lazy and didn't want to prime paint and then clear.. The interior is a flat military green. I don't have any good shots of it, just some photos off my phone I'll upload a little later. The exterior paint is Testors one step followed by clear and a couple hours of polish. Wired the spark plugs and did some BMF.

Enjoy

hJcSi45.jpg

rDMdhzJ.jpg

dyF8A7V.jpg

JRYMh6Z.jpg

67efrZ7.jpg

Yea that metallic brown is great looking, is that the Testors Root Beer One Coat Lacquer?

It is the one coat lacquer I'm not sure the name of it though because the label fell off the can when I opened it. I have to say... the Testors one coat lacquer is pretty awesome and with a little clear produces amazing results.

It is the one coat lacquer I'm not sure the name of it though because the label fell off the can when I opened it. I have to say... the Testors one coat lacquer is pretty awesome and with a little clear produces amazing results.

I agree 100% I was using mixed automotive paints, but love the results of the one coat.

I use DuPont Acrilic clear on it.