Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT's New 1/25 Scale Slot Cars

Gregg

they look like they're a complete kit, my Finn friend....

Yeah, and that would be good thing for the first Slot Car ever. Maybe it would be great way to learn, and then build one from model car body and seperately bought parts.

hmmm. apparently my comment that old annual bodies with screw posts would have a new lease on life was premature, since looking at Gregg's chassis, i see no such attachment points. it looks like the sides of the chassis are adjustable to take up room between the rocker panels and you're supposed to add styrene strips to the body to lock them down? that doesn't necessarily rule out annuals as much as it ALLOWS any other body that will fit the adjustable wheelbase and track!

60 is a bit higher than some of the standard line slot cars Scalextric SCX Carrera all come in around $50 I think the bodies have tabs that slide into the sides of the chassis.

I don't like slide chassis' but it allows one chassis to fit different bodies

$60 is higher than the Scalextric, SCX, Carrera, 1/32 scale cars, but the AMT are 1/25 scale, so that puts them into competition with Carrera 24, TSRF, Scaleauto, etc.

They may not have the same detail as the Carrera, or the performance of the TSRF, but they can be had for around $53 retail, so they are not bad in comparison.

Edited by slotbaker

hmmm. apparently my comment that old annual bodies with screw posts would have a new lease on life was premature, since looking at Gregg's chassis, i see no such attachment points. it looks like the sides of the chassis are adjustable to take up room between the rocker panels and you're supposed to add styrene strips to the body to lock them down? that doesn't necessarily rule out annuals as much as it ALLOWS any other body that will fit the adjustable wheelbase and track!

just build yer own!!! back in the day, i/we used 1/25 plastic bodies on our own chassis/motor combos all the time!!! the figure 8 cars were the best...load the nose with modeling clay and that puppy will clean out the X!!!

gad, slotcars....i traded all my slot stuff for a HUGE box of plastic, good deal for me...

man, like i need ANOTHER hobby!!! lol

what have you done G????