Model Cars Magazine Forum

The "FreakShow" new project 1/12/13

John Teresi

John,

This is a beautiful model. As far as the valve covers if the engine was a 392 an adapter plate would have to been made to use these valve covers. When you look at the 392 valve covers you have yours installed in the same orientation see attached picture. So this is not really an issue unless someone wants to try to make it an issue.

Keep up the good working looking forward to seeing this one finished.

bobthehobbyguy

392_hemi__30_.jpg

Thanks Bob......this picture shows the Chrysler Fire Power valve covers........these covers are on the 1:1 car...... when I started to build the engine,I could have sworn I had a set of those valve covers with the lettering on them.........then when I went to the NNL West a couple of weeks ago I looked and found one valve cover at the swap meet like this but I,could not find the other in the box...........I should have kept it and made a resin copy.........but,I just don`t think about stuff like that........so I just grabbed a pair from my parts box that looked like the ones I needed.......and used those........I had no Idea they were wrong........one thing about modeling is that you learn something new every day.........maybe in a few more years I will learn enough not to make mistakes........thanks for the encouraging words :)

forget about the valve cover John - no one will complain about it, if they look of the whole work of art, which they are installed incorrectly, are they?? Just my two cents.

Thanks Mike.........I made them with 3 different sizes of Evergreen styrene........glued together and a little sanding........I made them really quick,maybe 20 minutes........after looking at my pictures I could have evened them out a little bit.........but,for 1/24 scale they aren`t that bad.......next time I make some I will show how and I will take my time and do a better job........thanks

Just kidding...i NEVER heared about any modeller, who built battery calmps himself! You are crazy!...yes, yes..."they aren't that bad..." you're driving me crazy...amazing work...

Yes,Lee.......it is a downer about the valve covers........I would fix them but,I use super glue on my builds and it would be a disaster to try and take them and the plug wires off to fix........it is the lack of knowledge that I have a bought engines.......another lesson I have learned........iI wish someone would have pointed it out to me on my early mock-up stages.......but,hopefully many people won`t notice or care........thanks :)

John, given that those are what you had to work with, turning them upside down clearly made them look more like the early covers.

But nevermind that, I'm diggin' them battery clamps. They're about as good as it gets in this scale. I may have to try making a battery clamp extrusion and see how that turns out. Thanks for the idea

John, given that those are what you had to work with, turning them upside down clearly made them look more like the early covers.

But nevermind that, I'm diggin' them battery clamps. They're about as good as it gets in this scale. I may have to try making a battery clamp extrusion and see how that turns out. Thanks for the idea

That was one of the points I was making that thie new valve covers are oriented the same way as the old.

Second there is an article in the latest issue of rod and custom on how to put old style valve covers on a newer engine using an adapter plate looks totally possible in this case so it really can't be said that there is anything wrong with the valve covers used.

With the automotive works of art today anything is possible with enough time and money. That's why some of the ridler winners cost a million or more dollars.

I also agree the battery terminals are another great show of craftsmanship in this model. These are the things I look for for inspiration and ideas for my future projects and that people like John are willing to share.

bobthehhobbyguy

Hello......thank you all very much for the kind comments.........I scratch built a floor pan.......painted H.O.K. white and attached the chassis.......I also attached the gas tank, air compressor and air tank and started the plumbing for the air bags.......I also started on the interior and dash.......Painted H.O.K. white with a Dupont pink fade.......I attached the seats painted H.O.K. snow white pearl with leopard print ........scratch built steering wheel..........I also made a princess phone painted Dupont pink.........and hooked-up the CO2 bottle painted Dupont pink for the keg with "Pro Tech" gauge faces.........and got the machine gun painted Dupont pink and "Folk Art" pink with foil and gun rack painted Alclad........I still need to add details to the dash and touch up a few spots........thanks for looking.

DSCF6726_zpsaa0242fb.jpg

DSCF6727_zps6fc02f8a.jpg

DSCF6728_zps64461c8e.jpg

DSCF6730_zps43b84343.jpg

DSCF6740_zps9bffe2f2.jpg

Hello......thank you all for the kind comments.......I finished the plumbing and made brackets for the fuel,brake and airbag lines.......I attached the engine to the chassis and hooked up the battery.........I finished the plumbing on the keg as well......I will work on the wheels tomorrow.........thanks for looking.

DSCF6762_zps551ba6d5.jpg

DSCF6764_zps12dd5150.jpg

DSCF6766_zps0ea33962.jpg

DSCF6767_zpsa03edbd6.jpg

DSCF6774_zps74e8e58d.jpg

DSCF6776_zps60f82115.jpg

DSCF6770_zpsa4ca37f5.jpg