Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi All...............

Just a quick update on whats's happening around my bench at the moment.

My main reason for building this was the fact that I saved a lovely engine from out of the Ducati 916 by Revell, such a shame to hide all that detail behind a fairing. Anyway I unwittingly opened a huge can of worms by trying to kitbash the engine between kits. The S4 Monster is a very basic low parts kit that relies heavily on detail painting for its impact, whereas the 916 is a full-on build. The kit engineering and the bike models themselves were not really compatable and the work involved is I'm thinking only marginally worth the effort. An awful lot of the detail is still going to be buried up underneath the tank, or hidden behind the frame so I'm regreting the decision already - that is, in light of my new "NO BURNOUT" philosophy of modelling.

As ever these outrageous enlargements are merciless, but I thought I'd post some pics before the build moved on any further.

Ducati%201.jpg

Ducati%202.jpg

More as it happens................... Andi

• 1 month later...

Phew..............I finally remembered where I'd started this thread.

In a previous life I used to do lots of in-progress and build pic's, they never really seemed that popular and did take a lot of time out of the build so I have very few in this instance - what I have done though is to finally finish this beast.

It should of been a fairly lightweight project but as ever turned into something that needed wrestling to the ground, all up though it's done and finished.

Apologies to anyone that may have seen it elsewhere, I have kind of carpet bombed the boards that I currently frequent.

Here you go then for those that may not have.....................

Ducati2.jpg

Ducati3.jpg

Ducati1.jpg

Thanks for looking................ Thoughts and comments welcome.

Andi.

Edited by Yad'