Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindsey Chevrolet C10

Saga of the '68-'72 Chevy is Done, Just a simple build, bringing me back to my roots of model building, getting back to the type of stuff I used to love to build. Used parts from 68 through 72 AMT & MPC Chev trucks.

My newest creation is in the bed of the truck, I finally figured out how to get it to work properly.

Story/theme behind the truck is that it was ordered by the dealership new in '68 and over the years had it's fair share of abuse as the parts department truck, in the mid 80's the dealership has there body shop take care of the rust issues (Ohio dealership) and body work and the service department takes care of replacing it's heart with a GM Performance Parts 454 Crate motor, now it's a publicity truck that only takes care of over stocked parts.

GEDC5043_zpsd9307b03.jpg

GEDC5045_zpsb11e4416.jpg

GEDC5046_zpsa3a6d7ed.jpg

GEDC5047_zps78f95296.jpg

GEDC5048_zpsc2abc7ac.jpg

GEDC5050_zpsfc6e92c5.jpg

GEDC5052_zps0a7c2c49.jpg

GEDC5054_zps26c96652.jpg

GEDC5055_zpsc7e56622.jpg

GEDC5057_zpsd1a04aeb.jpg

Nick

Hey Nick that looks great! Is that the one you got from Mitch?

Yes it is Steve, Mitch is a great guy, bought a lot of stuff from him over the years.

Very cool............love all the Delco boxes.

Thanks Alan, they took a while to figure out, but were worth the glued fingers in the end.