Model Cars Magazine Forum

Phoenix IPMS National Convention

Gregg

Gregg,

No formal club meetings then; Moonlight meetings are 07-17 and 08-21, Cactus (spinoff of Moonlight) is tonight and Wed. 08-11 (at Casa Baker) if you'll be around the extra few days you are more than welcome.

However, many of the guys who you know from Moonlight will be hanging around the IPMS vendor expo/swap meet. We can certainly arrange a get-together.

Let's see what we can put together.

Ok, I am confirmed good. This is a bit like a race team. The body is coming in from California and the engine from Pennsylvania. It is really weird when you have to coordinate parts for a model! Well, it will be good to get an overdose of plastic. See ya there. Pete

Gregg,

No formal club meetings then; Moonlight meetings are 07-17 and 08-21, Cactus (spinoff of Moonlight) is tonight and Wed. 08-11 (at Casa Baker) if you'll be around the extra few days you are more than welcome.

However, many of the guys who you know from Moonlight will be hanging around the IPMS vendor expo/swap meet. We can certainly arrange a get-together.

Maybe a dinner/drinks Wed, Thurs, or Friday evening?

But, I'll have to watch everyone else drink.

Weird not being able to anymore

Yes, not being able to.

Not not wanting to.

Or I quit

Or I cut back.

I don't like doctors sometimes.

They have too many rules.

Maybe a dinner/drinks Wed, Thurs, or Friday evening?

But, I'll have to watch everyone else drink.

Weird not being able to anymore

Yes, not being able to.

Not not wanting to.

Or I quit

Or I cut back.

I don't like doctors sometimes.

They have too many rules.

Absolutely! Did you get the email I sent in response to yours? Just looking for the best day ... (The event runs to 9pm each day) ... if you're good any of the three, we'll see what we can set up.

Gregg,

Yea! It sound"s like Gregg is buying Dinner and Drinks for the Whole club, What a Guy. Gregg You are the King Buddy. :blink: :blink: :blink::D

• 2 weeks later...

Drinks: cups of water, no ice

Food: I will pick up on the way down from Vegas, what do you guys call it?, oh yeah, Road Kill.

I am at the airport, on the way to Vegas, then down to Phoenix.

I know, I know, why don't I land in Phoenix?

It's that darn new immigration law.

I don't have a passport.

You know, Obama land ain't part of the U.S.......

Okay, I pau...

Food: I will pick up on the way down from Vegas, what do you guys call it?, oh yeah, Road Kill.

Kewl! But be careful how you hit the cow. Those things can really mess up a rented Smart car.

You know, Obama land ain't part of the U.S.......

Yeah, and this darn sure ain't Obama land!

ph34r.gif

See you tomorrow!

I plan on going Thursday, From what I've seen on the IPMS web site it looks like everything is set to start at 9:00 AM on Thursday. Is this the case or is there other information that I'm not aware of?

Hey David, I missed you at the Desert Classic, maybe we can meet here. My plans are for sometime in the morning. I'm pretty sure the vendors will be set up, just not sure if all of the models will be entered in the contest early Thursday.

I was planning on setting up here but several weeks ago I read on here the vendor area was sold out. I found out early this week it was NOT sold out but now I don't have time to get ready for it. :D

It should be fun being on the other side of the table and having time to look at the contest models.

AzTom

There were only a handful of cars entered yesterday, but there was a correspondingly small number of aircraft/armor/ships entered as well.

The majority will probably hit the tables today; and, because registration ends tomorrow afternoon, everything will be on the tables by then.

The vendor area is smaller and less populated than 2004 (last time International was here). A few car kit sellers, but not much aftermarket. Just one aftermarket car vendor, selling Studio 27 and high-end foreign resin.

Spent some time visiting with the Revell factory rep; very interesting conversation and they have a nice display. Test shot of the Audi A4 kit on the table. Boxes for the upcoming Cutlass Supreme convertible and the funny cars, etc.

Lot of good things coming from them. They WANT TO KNOW what we want to see in plastic!

Edited by Danno

I am uploading my pics from today, Friday, as I write this.

They will be at:

IPMS Photos

If you get the Page Not Found message, give it a while, as they are being uploaded via Stick Modem

It was a good turnout today

Pete Johnson's 935 is in final form, and it is WOW oh WOW!!!

Pete, what a great job!!!

Mark Anderson's McLaren was incredible, and it's 1/43 scale!!

All the way from Puerto Rico, Jorge Mustafa's Ferrari F-189 was one of the nicest ones of that car I have ever seen done.

The number of cars may have been smaller than what we are used to at our big shows, but the quality was top notch!

It was great to see the AZ gang there, sorry I was so in an out all day.

Or should I say up and down.

Matthew Usher from Fine Scale is shooting right next to me, and I always enjoy spending time and talking with my long-time friend.

Hope to see a lot of you there tomorrow.

Great show, and thanks for all the support.

Don't forget to get your new Black '32 Five-Window shirts while you are there too!