Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Gearz model contest 2012

ffreak

I'm curious about that too because I have a '68 Charger already done up that I want to enter.

So what you are saying is "how do I get around the rules of this competition and enter a kit I already built"?

I don't think that's the spirit. Enter your Charger in another contest and build to the rules for this competition, not around (or under) them.

Revell USA

The 2012 Stacey David GearZ Model Car Championships have just been announced. Take a look here: http://www.revell.com/contest/revellgearz2.html

National Model Car Championship

www.revell.com

The Authentic Model-Building Experience since 1945..

Unlike · · Share · 19 hours ago · .

You and 24 others like this..

3 shares

Robert Downie Excellent. The link to the "rules" page doesn't go anywhere but to a page that says "thanks for entering".

19 hours ago · Like.

Revell USA Hi Robert. The link is fixed. You should be able to see the contest rules now.

18 hours ago · Like · 1.

Robert Quimby Very cool count me in !

18 hours ago · Like.

Ken Hart The rules mention purchasing one of the eligible kits sometimes during the contest period, building it and entering it ... does that mean you can just build one you already have in your stash and enter it? Do you have to produce a receipt showing it was purchased during the contest period?

17 hours ago · Like.

Brian Nehring I'm wondering the same as Ken, do you have to produce a receipt showing the purchase date?

17 hours ago · Like.

Robert Quimby I think you can just take one from your stash Ken .

17 hours ago · Like.

Alex Patterson Anyone know what Revell's policies are on videos of their products being on YouTube?

14 hours ago · Like.

Revell USA Good question....You do not have to produce a receipt.

about an hour ago · Unlike · 2.

Ken Hart One more question ... is there a limit to the number of models you can enter?

about an hour ago · Like.

Entrants must log on to www.revell.com to enter online. Buy one (1) new Revell or Monogram brand Muscle Car model within the Contest Period (February 1, 2012 - May 15, 2012). The list of eligible Muscle Car model kits can be found at www.revell.com or at your local Revell retailer. Complete the online entry form and submit it electronically along with up to five (5) photos of your model (up to 2 MB per image). Entries must be received on or before May 15, 2012. Entries may not be offensive or defamatory, which shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsors. All Entries must be complete when submitted. Incomplete entries will not be accepted. All Entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsors and will not be returned. Limit one entry per person.

Entrants must log on to www.revell.com to enter online. Buy one (1) new Revell or Monogram brand Muscle Car model within the Contest Period (February 1, 2012 - May 15, 2012). The list of eligible Muscle Car model kits can be found at www.revell.com or at your local Revell retailer. Complete the online entry form and submit it electronically along with up to five (5) photos of your model (up to 2 MB per image). Entries must be received on or before May 15, 2012. Entries may not be offensive or defamatory, which shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsors. All Entries must be complete when submitted. Incomplete entries will not be accepted. All Entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsors and will not be returned. Limit one entry per person.

Revell USA Good question....You do not have to produce a receipt.

about an hour ago · Unlike · 2.

they will contact you by phone and/or email with further questions if you place ,, that's how they did it last time.

I was contacted by revell and by stacy david.

I used an unopened kit I already had, and they were cool with it.

also they will ask you about shirt size..ect if necessary

Edited by scalenut

• 1 month later...

Look what my LHS guy gave me. The store promotional package for the 2012 Gearz contest. His shop has zero wall space available so he gave it to me. The top wide poster is about 2 1/2 feet wide.... No big deal I guess but cool nonetheless! I suppose I'll find a spot on the wall for it when I get to remodeling the shop!

Gearz-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki