Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 chevelle wagon lowrider

evilone

Well as everyone knows i have had builders block for about 3 weeks now and it scared me big time i thought i was going to just plain up quit modeling but i went to the garage to get something and decided to check out the stash and well this one brought me back to building.So here are some pics of it after i painted it today.

outside

DSCN1249.jpg

DSCN1250.jpg

in the shade

DSCN1251.jpg

DSCN1252.jpg

that color is pretty rad man, but it looks as if these wagons r pretty popular right now there 3 of us doing these

huh i thought the same thing

well as the saying goes birds of a feather flock together

i like how yours is coming out bro the paint is wild

herm maybe when we all are done we can see who's is the coolist one they all look real good

thanks man, well so far i got my motor almost done, i was gonna do the billet pulley's and all that crazy stuff, but i got a 62 catalina custom coming so that'll will be my first attempt at the crazy engine detail

but with the wagon i'll be mocking up the chassis soon so i can find some wheels i like, i do have some chrome spoke gold lip lowrider wheels i was thinkin of putting on it, but i just might put some corvette rally wheels with white letters... but i'll get back to the wagon after my brass zoomies r done on my 29 model a. i have five projects going on right now, since i get board with one then move to the next till i come up with new idea's

but your's might look good with a nice tan and brown interior

thanks man, well so far i got my motor almost done, i was gonna do the billet pulley's and all that crazy stuff, but i got a 62 catalina custom coming so that'll will be my first attempt at the crazy engine detail

but with the wagon i'll be mocking up the chassis soon so i can find some wheels i like, i do have some chrome spoke gold lip lowrider wheels i was thinkin of putting on it, but i just might put some corvette rally wheels with white letters... but i'll get back to the wagon after my brass zoomies r done on my 29 model a. i have five projects going on right now, since i get board with one then move to the next till i come up with new idea's

but your's might look good with a nice tan and brown interior

i was thinking the same thing about the interior

the dash is painted to match as well as the engine

i might go with a peanut butter interior

brown panels and carpet and tan seats and details

thanks for the ideas bro

Heck I'm working on '65 Grocery Getter wagon turn'd panel, and I just got the '66 California wheel's wagon, and planning It as I type this, now this wagon Is starting to look off the hook Evil, the kolor is just the ticket man, I'll be watching this wagon, too..

Edited by unforgiven

i just got my first wet sanding session done, next another few coats of clear and more sanding, a little trick i learned on how to get a nice deep look....and i went and got some glaze to finish up my interior aswell....but i hope u mocked everything thing up cuz every thing line up like ###### on mine i should have know it was gonna be like that when i found the rear sway bar broken and the heater box messed up...right along with the rocker trim thats broke...but i hate how the dash sits in it... but i'll make it work, oh and i got alot of tape in my future, i decided to do the frame yellow and the floors silver

urs is looking much better now that its polished up, interior is looking good too, but wheres the pumps and dumps, i see the bats

well i have been working on this chevelle since 9:00 in the morning

with teps of 85 degrees and winds of 5-10 mph

so its time to call it done for now

but before i go here are some pics of what i have done earlier

the engine is done and glued on to the chassis

DSCN1260.jpg

DSCN1262.jpg

DSCN1263.jpg

as for your question jake they will be in there soon

i need to get some angle "iron"evergreen and make a frame to hold them

they will be over the batteries and painted to match

and there might be some subwoofer boxes infront of them but i have to see if i am going to use them in another project :lol:

nice job! glad to see that you are back to building too. the interior looks cool in those colors.

where are you getting the little magazines from?

Dave

a buddy on another site printed them up and sent them to me for testing

and now hes kinda dissapeared no were to be seen

thanks for the good words bro

Lookin good Evil.

Hmm "3 week builders block"? I can top you.

I am always tinkering with something, however I suffer from: (now this is truly sad)

" Haven't Finished A Glue Kit Since The Mid-Nineties Syndrome ". :lol:

After we finish inventory at work next weekend I'm going to get back on the 53 F100 and the 04 GTO,

for the "Custom" and "Death Race" build offs, hard and heavy! (yeah, right...) :PB)

C'mon Evil whare are you? I'm have'n wagon withdrawl....

sorry bro here are pics of it as it sits right now

it is 95% done a little bit here and there and boom im callin it done

DSCN1274.jpg

DSCN1275.jpg

DSCN1276.jpg

DSCN1277.jpg

gonna take more pics tomorrow

right now im a little woosy from painting GOTH THUG pt.2

im like :) right now LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Kevin is the same 66 Wagon that you promised me over our trade? If not I hope you got a another hang around. Because I have some plans of my own.

I am really glad that we agreed on the 66 wagon and the HOK paint because this wagon looks great. Looking forward to receiving my stuff soon in the mail.

Justin