Model Cars Magazine Forum

48 Ford Woody

Psychographic

Thanks again for the comments everyone.

I've got a little bit of progress, taillights are in, speakers are in the front doors, I've repaired/added a bit of rivets and started the woodgrain on the interior parts.

The taillights are rhinestones.

PB230911.jpg

The interior woodwork was done to imitate a burl wood finish. I used a flat brown enamel followed by a wash of dark brown mixed with black acrylic. When the wash was dry, I then went over it again in a random haphazard pattern about 3 times to get the burl finish. I still need to clear it.

PB220905.jpg

PB230910.jpg

The rivet details.

PB230909.jpg

Door speakers.

PB230908.jpg

A couple of shots of the rear with the tailgate sort of in place.

PB220906.jpg

PB220907.jpg

Still waiting on the Uschi decals for the woodgrain.

Edited by Psychographic

A little more progress. The headlights are in and the windsheild has been modified and checked for fit.

The grille is just sitting in place, it's not mounted yet.

PB250924.jpg

The windshield is split with a gasket molded around it.

PB250922.jpg

This obviously wont work with a chopped top, plus I wanted a smooth molded in one piece look. I started by wet sanding the gasket and center piece flush with some 320, then 600 and up to 12000 followed by Novus 3, 2, and 1 I heard a slight crack when sanding with the 320, it split right in the center on the top, you won't see it once it's mounted. It sure made the rest of the sanding and polishing a bit nerve wracking.

Here's what I wound up with.

PB250923.jpg

It sure has a much cleaner look to it.

PB250925.jpg

PB250926.jpg

Still waiting on decals and stalled for the moment. Had a snow day today, so among getting caught up with some projects, I started one that's been in my mind for quite some time. I didn't like it at first and thought the idea was a mistake, but after a little cutting here and bending there I'm starting to like it. I'm toying with making it a Woody too. Or would that be Woody 2?

PB280952.jpg

PB280951.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

After all the work to make the windshield smooth, it broke going in. I had to make a new one from clear styrene along with the rear window as that one disappeared.

The headliner is in, the rear sides and back glass are in and the door panels are on . She's getting close now.

PC090973.jpg

I haven't broken the body in quite a while! Now that things are getting glued together, the body is stiffer and probably out of danger,

Edited by Psychographic