Model Cars Magazine Forum

wax and polishing

I currently just applied future to a model after paint and came it out looking very nice annd shiny. I would like to know if I apply wax and polish afterwards. Before I wax I need to sand with 4000, 6,000, and 8,000 polishing grit? how does that work? lol im confused, but i would like extra shine on my vehicles.

IME the future shine lays down really thin. It levels out so well it shouldn't really need color sanding and polishing. It also builds... where more coats lead to a little more depth, shine and a smoother surface. As far as waxing it, it should wax out fine, just make sure it's cured for 24 hours, 48 or more if you have added multiple coats. I knew it was cured when I couldn't smell the ammonia smell from it. I have yet to try the trick of using a used, yes USED dryer sheet to buff it up but I hear that works well. Also future does not play well with decal setting solution. It will cloud and lift it.

Try ZYMOL brand wax. All other waxes I tried over Future tends to remove it. ZYMOL enhances the shine and it smells good because it has coconut oil in it. There is no need to sand or polish the Future.

Edited by 935k3