Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #145 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

I just think it is very impressive ... the amount of photoshopping Harry goes to ... just to make this challenging.

I mean, I found the original picture and I think Harry worked hard to make this tough, changing the background and touching up little details here and there ...

Good job, Harry.

Burnt_McLaren.jpg

ph34r.gif

WOW, that car is HOT!!! :lol::P;)

Final vote:

Real: 8

Model: 50

Wow, were you guys fooled! laugh.gif It's REAL! This is one of the biggest "gotchas" ever! laugh.gif

Actually, credit for fooling you this time goes to Bob Downie (zoom zoom), who provided me with the link to the photo.

It was so good you even fooled him......or it was a conspiracyrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

I had a bad feeling on this one...well done.

Now that we know, is there any knowledge of how retouched this photo is? There are several areas that look "worked" to me (for instance...was a license tag digitally removed from the front?) and while I'm not going to claim that alone is what threw me off, there were a lot of things that didn't seem right on this one. Something seems very strange about the front wheel lug area as well.

The photo is "as found" except for a slight cropping overall to eliminate some empty background... so no idea on what (if anything) was done to it.

I had a bad feeling on this one...well done.

Now that we know, is there any knowledge of how retouched this photo is? There are several areas that look "worked" to me (for instance...was a license tag digitally removed from the front?) and while I'm not going to claim that alone is what threw me off, there were a lot of things that didn't seem right on this one. Something seems very strange about the front wheel lug area as well.

Photo was from an auction company, instantly I knew this would be a fantastic ROM subject due to the photos that for whatever reason lack the depth of field usually seen on a real car. It also made a good subject because there have been excellent large-scale models of the McLaren. It's not often one finds photos of a real car or model that are so easy to deceive the eyes.

It was so good you even fooled him......or it was a conspiracyrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Conspiracy all the way ;):lol: :lol:

I figured someone would rat me out...though it was already a landslide when I put in my vote.

This is the first time I ever tried the function that shows who voted for what...yep...it works ;)

Edited by Zoom Zoom