Model Cars Magazine Forum

Strada Sports

I'm asking because I placed an order on Oct 27 , along with a few orders from a few other places. I got tracking immediately from the other places and have received all but one order, but that was coming from Japan. I've emailed him & called, no reply to either. If you're going to run a business "too busy" should not be in your vocabulary ....

The few times I have ordered from him I never had issue's, but on the other hand, there is thread on another forum full of people very unhappy with him, so take that for what its worth

I'd like to get more info on this, I tried PM'ing you but your box is full. Could you please PM me the link to the forum/thread ?

Dan, here is the scoop as I know it ... Kevin has a lot of products on his website that are not always in stock or that are "made to order." Also, most of what he has is from overseas suppliers that offer unique low volume items. If you order from him you need to consider this and keep that in mind. When I order from him I go in knowing I may not see my items for months but Kevin ALWAYS comes through. If you are in a hurry for something check with him first to see if he has stock, otherwise shop elsewhere. I'm okay waiting on my stuff so I normally will just place an order and when it comes it comes. But as I said, I've ordered MANY times from Kevin over the years and have always been extremely happy. The "unhappy" posts about him on the other forum are mainly from people who simply do not understand that many of his items are simply not in stock and expect their stuff to be shipped within a couple of days of ordering.

Well, considering he doesn't answer his phone, and I could've ordered the same parts from another vendor for the same price your argument doesn't really make much sense. These things should be in black and white, & up front. Now since he doesn't answer his phone or reply to his emails, I now have to go back through Pay Pal to get my $$$ back. I have no intention of waiting "months" for some photoetch I could buy on eBay and have a shipping confirmation in a matter of seconds. Pretty shabby way to do business . Seriously, who spends money and waits months to get what they paid for ? Unless it's a home or some other equally large project, I'm guessing nobody ? Think about it, you pay me for a kit, then I wait 6-7 months to send it to you ? My guess is you'd be pretty upset ...

Wow, that thread was pretty lengthy and had a quite a few "not nice" things to say. Wish I'd seen it before I ordered. I just got a reply back. "Out of stock" imagine that. Pretty lousy way to do business. Anyway, he'll never get mine again. Funny thing is, one guy in that thread actually said "Be patient guys and remember if you don't patronize the USA retailers - THERE WON'T BE ANY" are you kidding me ? Uhh this is the reason US retailers are behind .. my own stupid fault for trying to keep the money in the US .., with a US based company.Never again , that's for sure .

Dan, I have no affiliation with Strada but I can say I am a satisfied customer of Kevin's (ie - not brain dead). I DO understand your frustration though, because I was put off originally also when I placed my first order years ago and did not know his stuff was mostly "out of stock." Once I learned how Strada does its thing I was really okay with it. Why? Because some of the items he carries would cost a fortune if I ordered direct and paid the shipping myself. By ordering through Kevin I didn't have to deal with a foreign order or huge shipping costs. Plus, he has special ordered me products that I gladly waited for just because of the cost savings to me. Keep in mind many of the companies he deals with are small operations themselves (just like our own resin casters, etc) and may not have stock of a particular item. So, like ordering from any small operation in this hobby its first come first serve. There are also shipping limitations from these companies also whereas Kevin will only get 1 shipment per month from said company. BECAUSE I know this from placing many previous orders over the last number of years with Strada I'm totally fine with the "waiting." It is just like waiting for a resin order (in my opinion). And emailing and phoning will not make the process any faster. I just know Kevin has NEVER hosed me and also ALWAYS come through every time. You dont want to order from him thats up to you. Nobody is forcing you to do so, but just know Kevin has many satisfied customers.

You haven't been shopping around, I've found several places on eBay alone that carry the same items, at the same prices, that actually ship in less than a year. The only reason I emailed and phoned him to the point of spamming was, he did not return an email or phone message in what I considered a timely fashion ( within a business day ) . In today's "instant messaging, social media " world, there is zero excuse for delays in communication. I don't operate like that and I'll accept nothing less from somebody I deal with, business wise. If your "real" job keeps you "to busy" , then decide on one or the other. Be up front about your business practices. A disclaimer on his website might be helpful. Stating that he is not an actual "store" in regards to keeping stock. That he in essence takes your money , then places an order, then has you wait an undetermined period of time. He gave no time frame in regards to when I'd receive my items, just a very vague " I'm expecting them sometime in the future " what kind of business model is that ? As far as waiting on a resin order, it is not the same thing. Photo etch by Crazy Modeler isn't made on a per order basis . If I was ordering resin or some other custom made item I would totally understand a reasonable lead time. You can defend him all you'd like, and I'm happy for you in the respect that you haven't had any "issues" in dealing with this guy. Personally , I think he's an idiot and has terrible business practices. In the future I will go out of my way to bad mouth his business and not recommend to anybody who asks. I don't know him personally, so I can't speak to that, but as far as a business, it's a fail. There are more people that have complaints about his practices that have praise. I learned the hard way with him. I understand the hobby world is different and many businesses are small part time entities. But, the majority of them are up front with what they have on hand and how long it will take to get the item if it's not. He's obviously taken the time to make a fairly decent website that's relatively easy to navigate. Why not take the extra step to let individuals ordering know there may be an "extended" wait period on parts ? I'll tell you why, he'd lose a TON of business, I know I'd rather pay an extra few dollars to get the item in 2 weeks rather than have money in limbo with no idea when I might get my item. That , to me, is dishonest business practice and unacceptable .. Here's hoping you never start a side business if that kind of thing is OK with you ...

I ordered a Historic Racing Miniatures Daytona Corveette kit from Strada. I waited an age for it. He told me it would be an age because that was the way HRM operates. He never billed me until he shipped.

I am a fan of Strada and I use him when i need to with no hesitation.

joe.

Same story with me last summer (or thereabouts), Dan.

1) Order, pay with PayPal, wait.

2) After a week of hearing nothing (order status email, etc) I inquire about order status. Told it's out of stock, should be in "next week."

3) Wait another week. Inquire again. No repsonse. Never heard from Kevin again, via email or phone.

4) Had to lodge a complaint with PayPal to get my money back. He didn't even respond to PayPal.

Never again.

I agree with you Dan - in this day and age there's no excuse to go incommunicado for more than a business day, especially for someone with an internet storefront.

My 2 cents.

This topic should provide some helpful info to those intersted in ordering from Strada Sports.

It does provide "helpful info" .. It warns people to not place orders from companies with dubious business practices .. because it contains some personal feelings doesn't make it any less helpful ..

It does provide "helpful info" .. It warns people to not place orders from companies with dubious business practices .. because it contains some personal feelings doesn't make it any less helpful ..

That's what I said. You made your experience known, and everyone can read it and use it, as well as other member's comments, to decide if they want to order from Strada Sports. Once someone starts with the personal insults and comments, the topic ceases to be useful to the forum membership as a whole. That type of behavior will never be acceptable here.