Model Cars Magazine Forum

kiss fans?

knarf

I never got KISS - too intellectual for me.

I didn't take to KISS back in the 70's, I saw the makeup and fireworks and thought "kiddy band". Severial years later I was working third shift with a big KISS fan who brought in KISS tapes and played them all night. Thats when I discovered the music was great and got into the band.

Stand up and be counted. I am Kiss army man. Some day they will call and I will be ready.

ABBA will suffer the wrath of the KISS ARMY !!

I'm a rock/metal teen of the eighties and enjoyed their music ( even the disco stuff).. But I have not been a fan of later albums, and I'ts not just them. Artist and albums got over produced and senthisized when they became popular and lost the rawness. Yes, Kiss did it (back to the disco phase) but they did try to be a little more natural ( with MTV in mind) in the 80s . That being said, I would rather listen to any Kiss over pop music, so don't beat me up to hard. :)

Kiss fan here too. Saw the Animalize tour years ago, I'm big into Metal in general. 44 years young and it'll never be to loud!!! Lol, cause I'll have to Crank it up, just so I can hear it!!

I've always been a huge Maiden fan as well as Krokus too.

I love their 70's-80's work. I have the original Casablanca versions of Rock and Roll over and Double Platinum on vinyl.

My earliest memories of Kiss is, "Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park", and beeing a kid in Gemco and asking for the Mego figures and my mom refusing.

Edited by Zarana-X

I've always loved Kiss (Motley Crue too). I saw them when I was in the Marine Corps in Memphis in 1990 and again, in makeup in West Palm Beach during one of their reunion tours. Awesome! I saw Motley during the Girls Girls Girls tour. They were awesome, Their opening act Guns and Roses SUCKED !!!!

Their opening act Guns and Roses SUCKED !!!!

GnR shows all depended on Axl's mood. When we was ticked off the whole band was down trying to deal with it.

The best "GnR" show I ever saw was a tribute band "Paradise City", all the looks, moves and great music without the short fuse.

Edited by Craig Irwin

I love their 70's-80's work. I have the original Casablanca versions of Rock and Roll over and Double Platinum on vinyl.

My earliest memories of Kiss is, "Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park", and beeing a kid in Gemco and asking for the Mego figures and my mom refusing.

i was waiting to see mention of this movie. it was film at 6flags magic mountain in california. awesome!

Grew up on the Metal of the eighties & hitting 50 in june & still banging my Head ! Can't wait for the new Black Sabbath album & hopefully they tour the states.

Sabbath...with Ozzy???? Dio is gone, so whose the front man?? My opinion, Ozzy made Sabbath!!! Back to Kiss for a minute...I dig the " Monster" album, the music is AWESOME, but, as with alot of their songs, lyrics are a little silly. I'm still such a huge fan though!! I could rattle on about my fave bands...but I won't! So many I miss, like Skid Row, Judas Priest, Accept, etc... ;) you see my tag-line below???