Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Dodge Coronet 500 convertible

Ron35369

This started out as an easy build that I like to do occasionally just to keep me from burning out...but I spent as much time on it as any other model. This is a Polar Lights pre-painted 65 Coronet 500 convertible. I loved the color but it was pretty dull out of the box. I clear coated it with HOK clear coat & foiled all the trim that they had pad printed with silver & it really came to life. I detail painted the interior in tan & turquoise & did some detail on the chassis & found some old red stripe tires & Mopar Rally wheels in the parts box. Hope you enjoy.

65Coronet500Convertible6.jpg

65Coronet500Convertible5.jpg

65Coronet500Convertible3.jpg

65Coronet500Convertible7.jpg

65Coronet500Convertible4.jpg

65Coronet500Convertible.jpg

65Coronet500Convertible1.jpg

Thanks guys for the great comments. This was one of those kits that was suppose to go together fast but the more I did to it the more I wanted to do. It is a really nicely detailed kit even though it's advertised as a snap kit. I glued most everything as I went. I'm glad you all liked it :)

Thanks again for the great comments...Dr. Cranky, Ray & Dan. I've got the yellow hardtop as well Dan, although it's not built yet. I did look at the finish & I decided it looked a lot shinier than the convertible did so I didn't clear coat it. I may do it when I'm ready to build...we'll see.