Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Model T series

Danno

Close. They are 1/24. They are described as "Full Kit." I would assume that's the manufacturer's way of saying 'full detail kit.'

They are due for release this year. They are by ICM ~ the Ukraine manufacturer who did the 1/24 Admiral Cabriolet.

1385378337_24022_box_face-korobka.jpg

There's one more kit in that set of announcements and that's the "blown-up to 1:24" version of the 1:35 Admiral Saloon, which is the metal roofed version of the two Admiral Cabriolet kits.

For their first (I presume these are new tools) set of automotive kits, the Model T is an interesting choice.

Now presuming the whole of the Ukraine doesn't implode in the coming weeks... <_<

Edited by niteowl7710

My question is why does it not have "Ford" anywhere on the box? Licensing issues possibly? It will definitetly be interesting to see pictures of the parts trees when the kits are released.

Probably to get around licensing..the Opel Admiral kits don't seem to say Opel on the box either..

I've built some of their 1/72 aircraft kits. Nice kits although over engineered, 5 parts when 1 will do. I recently built one of their I-16 fighters, and where most manufacturers would have made the cowling one tube shape piece, they made it from the individual panels, and where many would just have the front row of cylinders, they include a rather complete looking engine. Makes for a fiddly model, but great if you want to build it in a diorama with a mechanic tearing into the engine.

That feature should go over well with American car modelers though, loads of detail if they follow the standard of their aircraft kits.

Definitely going to add these two to the stash, maybe even build them. :o

Edited by Aaronw

Would Model T? I mean it's 102 & 104 years old...doesn't that stuff enter the public domain after awhile much like a song or book?

As it relates to automobiles, I'm pretty sure Ford Motor Company has a copyright to the name "Model T". Copyrights can go a whole lot longer than say a patent.

Art

Would "Model T" be a trademark or copyright? Trademarks last as long as the company keeps registering it - so forever if needed. So, did Ford keep registering "Model T"?

Notice Ford is obscured on the box art too - it doesn't actually say "Ford".

Try making anything "Hudson Teraplane" and see how fast someone from Chrysler contacts you.