Model Cars Magazine Forum

I need some help

Kodiak Island Modeler

I hope it's alright to post this here but I need somebody that can do an art project for me. For many years I've wanted to do a yard sign, and as my areas for displaying it have decreased, even a small picture, of a very happy Santa in a 20s type hot rod pickup with a toy bundle in the back, and a disgusted Rudolf facing to the rear lying on top of the bundle with his nose as a tail light. I've tried to do this myself but I don't have the skills to pull it off.

What I'm asking is for somebody to take this idea and go with it. All I ask is that I be allowed to share it on facebook type sites and on my website with credit going to the artist. Other than that, all rights are yours. I just want to see it posted; hopefully this year.

Have fun and thanks

This looks like fun and gives me an idea! Since it's Christmas. All you talented artists can post your drawing here. Hopefully somebody way smarter than me can open a poll to vote. whomever gets the most votes gets some resin thing of your choice from me. Postage included! Sound like fun? I LIKE IT! HO! HO! HO! Perhaps January 1 2014 can be the cutoff and voting can take place.

Edited by Greg Wann

This looks like fun and gives me an idea! Since it's Christmas. All you talented artists can post your drawing here. Hopefully somebody way smarter than me can open a poll to vote. whomever gets the most votes gets some resin thing of your choice from me. Postage included! Sound like fun? I LIKE IT! HO! HO! HO! Perhaps January 1 2014 can be the cutoff and voting can take place.

You can't have a poll to vote your favorite until all the entries are in... ;)Then you set up the poll.

I can set up the poll for you when the time comes. Set a cutoff date for entries, and on that day I'll make the poll and open it up to the voters.

You can't have a poll to vote your favorite until all the entries are in... ;)Then you set up the poll.

I can set up the poll for you when the time comes. Set a cutoff date for entries, and on that day I'll make the poll and open it up to the voters.

Hi Harry,

I understand about the poll beginning. I just would not know how and it is probably only an admin can set one up. I really appreciate you allowing this idea to just happen out of the blue. Thank you Harry.

Edited by Greg Wann

I am all for just freestyle. The only limit of course is to stick with Kodiaks dream picture. We can do this for him and have some fun too. I only wish I could draw but it might be considered a conflict of interest.

I say the entries can begin now and the cut off for entries to be 12-31-2013 at midnight. I just don't want the time zone thing to become some kind of weird issue either. Since I have no idea what Harry is doing this time of year I can only leave it up to him to turn on the voting poll when he is ready and feels up to it on NEW YEARS DAY or if he might be hung over it might take him a day or two to recuperate from the festivities. I'm also pretty certain that Harry will have all voting info at his fingertips as well. Grab Your crayons or whatever and begin.

Very cool Ken!

I'm in. Still roughing it in. I was wondering- After I submit my work,and while the voting is going on,can I post this on another site? Like the HAMB? They have the Friday art show I like to get in.

Thanks John! Look forward to seeing yours. Mine has a long way to go........I wanted to put a picture up of it in this stage so people wouldn't think I just printed it off from the computer. (You can still see my pencil...for now.)

Very cool Ken!

I'm in. Still roughing it in. I was wondering- After I submit my work,and while the voting is going on,can I post this on another site? Like the HAMB? They have the Friday art show I like to get in.

Hey John, I think you should be able to post your work where you would like, it's your work.