Model Cars Magazine Forum

Forum Troubleshooting - Picture Problems w/Internet Explorer? Look Here

Sixx

Internet Explorer 11

Have you turned on "Compatibility View"?

FWIW, I don't think the browser you're suing should affect your ability to copy and paste image links here. As I mentioned in reply to Ben's image link posting issue, you don't need to use the Full Editor feature to add image links, and I wouldn't even recommend it.

Casey, on 05 Nov 2014 - 7:47 PM, said:

Have you turned on "Compatibility View"?

FWIW, I don't think the browser you're suing should affect your ability to copy and paste image links here. As I mentioned in reply to Ben's image link posting issue, you don't need to use the Full Editor feature to add image links, and I wouldn't even recommend it.

son of a gun. ac84690f36465b0081bf01838c149847.jpg thanks!

I'm still being held hostage by the "View New Content" button! I reported it months ago to no avail. Several others PMed me that they have the same problem.

When I hit the button I get "no new content available". Works the same on three different computers, all the different browsers as well as my Iphone. BUT, if I log out of my account and hit same button I get new content!

I can only conclude that it's something stuck in my account. It wouldn't be in my cookie on my PC since I get same result from multiple computers. No doubt there's a field that has a bad value in it where the date and time I last accessed the board.

• 1 month later...

I am having trouble posting photos here. There is something wrong with the site here. I have checked everything else and it is fine. When ever I try to add a photo the page locks up and I have to refresh the page. This is really annoying. Please help.

I am having trouble posting photos here. There is something wrong with the site here. I have checked everything else and it is fine. When ever I try to add a photo the page locks up and I have to refresh the page. This is really annoying. Please help.

"Posting photos" meaning uploading them to the forum via the attachment feature, adding them via cut and paste form a photohosting 'site, or something else?

Are you using Internet Explorer as your web browser by chance? If you're running IE11, please start on page three of this topic and see if that fixes your issue.

I had the same problem when I rejoined last week.

All I had to do was to go into "tools" at the top of the page and add this site to the "compatibility view settings" and everything works fine now.

[bTW, I'm using Internet Explorer 8]

Edited by Can-Con

I had the same problem when I rejoined last week.

All I had to do was to go into "tools" at the top of the page and add this site to the "compatibility view settings" and everything works fine now.

[bTW, I'm using Internet Explorer 8]

Everybody running has to do that it seems. Adjust your browser settings, and no more problem.

And welcome back, Steve. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I need some help posting pictures.

I've created a fokti site and am using a Galazy tab2 7.0 android tablet.

When I paste the photo the url shows in the topic and not the photo.

Any thoughts on how to get the photo to show without having to click the url?

If Casey's method doesn't work for you, you can try using image tags around the url. In front of the url, put "img" surrounded by brackets "[ ]". At the end of the url, put "/img" also surrounded by brackets "[ ]".

I hope that helps. I can't type the tags exactly as they are used, as the forum just reads the tags and won't show them as text.

Two things, you can't "hotlink" from a free Fotki account, you have to have a paid account, and secondly click on the green square under the orange A in the menu above and paste in the direct link without any html codes what so ever and click ok and your picture should appear in the message immediately, that's what I do and it works for me.
The link should start with http://media.fotki.com/ and the photo you want to share

Ist it just me or are there other that get this. Maybe 7 out of 10, when I click the Quote button I don't get anything or I do get the quote box, I write my stuff then when I post it whatever I wrote isn't there. No big deal, just asking.

Which web browser and version are you running?

Sorry guys I guess you probably get asked this a lot, but why cant I upload pics from photobucket ? I watched the video on here, I tried adding a link in the photo box and into a message, ive tried copying Direct, HTML and IMG links and nothing works..... Ive tried everything I can think of, please can anyone help out ???? Thanks in advance......Lowlife ! !

• Gregg unpinned this topic