Model Cars Magazine Forum

*4 the Dukes of Hazzard Fans* Stuntcar General Lee (W.I.P) (Dail Up Users Beware)

MoparWoman Jamie

Okay, I already have at least 3 projects going on, so this will be like my 4th one. I like to keep afew projects going to keep me motivated here LOL.

Anyways down to the project, I see alot of this model being built as a nice version, we hardly see any of the damage version or dirty versions. So I thought why not take to the air with this one and land it on the other side of the other side in the damage and dirty version side.

This General Lee model will not be nice at all, it will be totaled out and bang up here and there. It's a AMT model car that was once built up by someone, when I got it it was missing things and tires. It will have a stuntcage in the interior like what the real Dukes of Hazzard stunt cars did (they had 4 version's for the different type of jumps) so this model will have the stuntcage for the big jumps. The model in the end will be weathered as well to look like it set out in a field or something for a while. The panels on the car will or might be mis match colors of oranges. There will be brass and aluminum used on this project.

I already have photos of the project as I have already started working on it, I will post them.

Edited by M0par Jim

A tale of how the Duke boys had there General Lee taken one day while they was swimming in Hazzard Pond. Poor Rosco was in hot per shoot when the General Lee came sliding and fishtailing out of the one back Hazzard County road, Rosco told little ol Flash to hang on as daddy was in hot per shoot after them dang Duke boys not knowing it was not them. Rosco flip the switch to the lights and sound as the General whipped itself around the corner. The villian looked in the mirror and seen Rosco closing fast so he stepped on it picking speed up. Sence the villian was not from Hazzard or knew anything about the ly out of the county he was just winging it with the roads since he was already wanted over in the other county by Sheriff Little and was also in Hazzard. As rosco tried to keep his eyes on the road and the General Lee way out in front of him, he notice that it was not the Duke boys at all in the General and that he really had a grand theft on his hands so he had to stop playing cat and mouse and really catch the General Lee for real instead of playing around like he always liked to do. As he gun it on the gas in his potrol car the villian in the General had taken a dead end road that had a very big bridge out way way up ahead. As we could seethe potrol car behind the General Lee from the air, we could see the General running really fast down that dirt road really kicking up dust with Rosco trying to catch up and knowing the bridge was out up ahead. "Flash, daddy don't think that poor charger other wise known as the General Lee will make that jump even though he's a very good jumper" said Rosco to his dog flash. Just as the two cars was almost on the dead end of the road and the General Lee was aiming right for the bridge porch ramp where there was a big pile of dirty with road close signs up. (we hear cut cut from a director behind a camera and the General Lee pulls over and a stunt General Lee takes the other General Lee's place way down the road aiming up the rod at the dead end spot). Afew minutes later from a camera view way way half ay on the other side of the bridge out area there is silence and then we see a big orange car nail the road close signs and nail the dirt pile and launch out into the air as the balladeer says "Now boys and girls, we all know how the General Lee likes to fly, but looking at that distance.. I'm not sure if he came make this one himself...." .

Rosco talks to Flash as he slams on the brakes as he watches the General fly out air born over the water and land.. "Flash, daddy can't look" said Rosco to flash as his portol comes to a sliding sideways stops somewhat.

We see the General sailing through the air as he heads towards the tree line mid way over..

Rosco trying not to look, "flash, darlin, cover your eyes honey... even daddy can't even look"

(We hear the sound of metal bending on the other side....) as we look at Rosco keep jooking his head making face impresstions as he trying not to look but look as he watches something off camera.

Fst forward years later, wonder what that stuntcar looked like after it landed?

Next update will be the start of the project photos LOL

This looks like an original issue so the Interior tub is almost exactly as

it was in the #71 K&K Insurance Daytona Charger Nascar. No stock upholstery detail at all.

That issue did not include th rear seat. I added one from a Jo-Han Police Fury.

I will watch this one.

This looks like an original issue so the Interior tub is almost exactly as

it was in the #71 K&K Insurance Daytona Charger Nascar. No stock upholstery detail at all.

That issue did not include th rear seat. I added one from a Jo-Han Police Fury.

I will watch this one.

Okay thanks for the info, I knew what the 1997 version looked like with the rear seat molded in but was not really aware of the other version being out there. When I seen them I just thought people had modified them to look like that... didn't know they was factory standard like that.

I like your idea for making extra body panels, that might make for an interesting tutorial for diorama builders you know? Maybe you could post a video of how you do it in the how to section.

I can make a tutorial on it, you have a good idea there. I'll see what I can do over weekend in the How To Section to help you follow model builders out.