Model Cars Magazine Forum

60's Lowriders : Let Me See Them :-)

1972coronet

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

While this isn't a model, it is pretty cool! Some guy put this set up in a pinewood derby car. I'd like to see someone put a set up like this in a model.

LOTS of guys are doing it over at Layitlow lowrider forums, both there and the facebook page.

Jeroen DeVeries is the most well known, with his "Real Deal" wireless, all hidden electronics. He has also done a few more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWefh4Wph-k

"next level" bed dancer Nissan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ovt-yveI2o

fully functional Cadillac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYUKU01GWpY&feature=c4-overview&list=UUfhFsr3MVZ5t8Z0fqQIH7lg

Edited by mademan

I've only built one model as a Lowrider, but I did it up in the Lowrider "Bomb" style. It's a '39 Chevy Coupe with a lot of extra "bling".

THREEQUARTERFRONTVIEW.jpg

THREEQUARTERFRONT2.jpg

RIGHTSIDEVIEW.jpg

LEFTSIDEVIEW.jpg

That's a super Bomb , Richard !

I'm trying to place the demographic for this style ; it's a bit different from the West Coast style Lowrider that I'd see in my youth . Very cool !

Let's keep 'em coming here , guys ! :)

Here´s a Boulevard cruiser I built a couple of years ago, Amt ´62 Pontiac with some parts from the parts box. Painted with SEM Mandarin Candy over gold base with white pearl on the body and silver base with hair spray flake on the roof and between the taillights. Made some "acetylene" patterns on the roof by setting a piece of plastic on fire and holding the body in the smoke.

front-7.jpg

side-6.jpg

rear-9.jpg

roof.jpg

front2-2.jpg

dash-1.jpg

Here´s a Boulevard cruiser I built a couple of years ago, Amt ´62 Pontiac with some parts from the parts box. Painted with SEM Mandarin Candy over gold base with white pearl on the body and silver base with hair spray flake on the roof and between the taillights. Made some "acetylene" patterns on the roof by setting a piece of plastic on fire and holding the body in the smoke.

front-7.jpg

side-6.jpg

rear-9.jpg

roof.jpg

front2-2.jpg

dash-1.jpg

What a beauty! Fits the criteria to a tee..

This is my 2cents added its not really a 60's era lowrider as a matter of fact I have only seen a few 60's era lowriders in this thread. But it is a 64' Impala more late 70's and 80's style. But this is the car that got me my first magazine spread wish i had more pics of it. Its a full custom with 24kt gold plating.

Picture005-1.jpg