Model Cars Magazine Forum

Super Gas Cobra.....Complete, 11/24/2012

1320wayne

Looking great, Wayne! I think you really have captured the "attitude" that this car could bring to the track. I admit I liked the chrome on the rims, too, but that's just my $0.02. I'll be following this build, can't wait to see the finished work. Ford blue would look pretty sweet too.

Some more small updates. The bodywork is coming along slowly as I'm trying to make sure that everything flows just right. I added a rear spoiler and blended it into the trunk lid. I also scribed and cut out the side panel to expose the chassis and where the electronics will be located.

DSC01885-vi.jpg

DSC01886-vi.jpg

DSC01887-vi.jpg

Not much to update here, however I am on vacation this week and plan to get a good bit done with plenty of updates by the end of the week.

The body has been painted with a white base coat with graphics to follow. I have the paint scheme all planned out and I hope it comes out how I have it pictured. The chassis has a simple black pint coat with plenty of detail painting soon to come.

DSC01906-vi.jpg

thats awesome Wayne!, I am ready to see what you come up with for graphics! nice work man

O.K., you asked for it.

First is a pic. of the engine progress. I used the basic block, heads and bellhousing from the Jukebox kit but I added a resin TEM Lenco.

DSC01910-vi.jpg

So here are the first pics. of where I am going with the graphics. This is just the beginning and I will be photographing it in stages. These are homemade decals that are taking some time to apply as it is requiring lots of setting solution and then cutting through all of the panel lines. So far so good.

DSC01907-vi.jpg

DSC01908-vi.jpg

Thanks for the comments.

The side panels will work as follows. One layer of snakeskin goes down first followed by the side panel from a Slixx Nascar sheet. There is a small section of clear between the blue and white on the side panel that the snakeskin underlayment will show through. Once these are down a thin section of snakeskin for the rocker panel will be added.

DSC01912-vi.jpg

Then I start to add sponsor logos. This is where I am at right now with more decals to add later.

100_1339-vi.jpg

100_1340-vi.jpg

100_1341-vi.jpg

100_1342-vi.jpg