Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mitsubishi Pajero

Brendan

This is a Tamiya kit. Very hard to find nowadays. Was lucky enough to pick it up at this year's NNL West at a good price. Had some issues with the decals since they were old and brittle. Ended up having to paint on a lot of the red. Paints used were Tamiya's TS-26 for the body and TS-8 for the red. And for the inside was a mixture of Tamiya's acrylics to make the orangy color.

This is what I wish Tamiya would start doing again...kits like this with a lot of detail, unlike the mainly curbside they've been doing now. Feel free to comment.

IMG_2104.jpg

IMG_2105.jpg

IMG_2106.jpg

IMG_2107.jpg

IMG_2108.jpg

IMG_2109.jpg

You did a great job on that old kit. I agree that it would be nice to see Tamiya start issuing kits with detail like this again. I have a few of the older Tamiya kits myself and the detail is really sweet. Your clean building and painting really makes this vontage kit stand out and it's great to see kits like this being built!

Thanks for the comments.

As soon as Tamiya started doing the half engines with their Mercedes DTM cars, I knew that we weren't going to see many new models with full engine detail. I think the last one I did was the Ferrari Enzo. I was kind of expecting them to do a full engine with the GTR. It's just disappointing that Tamiya is going this way.