Model Cars Magazine Forum

Detail master carb linkage

Tiny photo-etch parts can be a bit intimidating at first. Follow directions on package. Lose several pieces that fly away when touched. Try a little trial and error. It will become less tedious and more comfortable to mess with these detail parts after some practice. Clear enamel was suggested to me for mounting pieces, super-glue works at times too. Sorry no pics. Good luck. Soon enough you will be saying "bring on the photo-etch"

Just a related FYI: something I've been saving for throttle-return springs is burned-out lightbulb filaments. They come in a lot of different sizes and are perfect little coil springs. Be sure to wear leather gloves and eye protection if you salvage them.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I have found wrapping 28ga wire around a pin or needle makes appropriate sized throttle return springs and you can make them as long that way as you like.

remember to google image search carbs if you really want to get your PE dressed carbs to look like the real thing.

Edited by blunc