Model Cars Magazine Forum

Un-Monkeemobile? Updated 7/1/13

Pat Minarick

Well, I've never thought someone could IMPROVE the Monkee Mobile, cas I've ALWAYS loved it's styleing, BUT, I gotta admit it, you've done a HECK of a job on this rascal!!! REALLY like the ingenuity of useing the 65 Bonney hood for it! It REALLY does flow nicely with the lines! GREAT job so far!!!!! :D

Well, I've never thought someone could IMPROVE the Monkee Mobile, cas I've ALWAYS loved it's styleing, BUT, I gotta admit it, you've done a HECK of a job on this rascal!!! REALLY like the ingenuity of useing the 65 Bonney hood for it! It REALLY does flow nicely with the lines! GREAT job so far!!!!! :D

Thanks George! The original hood just caused to much trouble.

I have to agree with George . . . The hood made a huge difference in the look of the car !

Thanks Bob!

After seeing this one and following it for a while, I had to find my Monkees Mobile from my stash, and I had to fit a roof (Pontiac GTO, maybe?) for it. Actually looked pretty good, maybe needs to get it going...

I like what you did for the hood on this one. Looks much better than the original one. Really like the design, it looks very good over all.

After seeing this one and following it for a while, I had to find my Monkees Mobile from my stash, and I had to fit a roof (Pontiac GTO, maybe?) for it. Actually looked pretty good, maybe needs to get it going...

I like what you did for the hood on this one. Looks much better than the original one. Really like the design, it looks very good over all.

Thanks, glad you like it Niko !Good luck.

Got some of the interior done.Made the door panels and cut down some GTO seats.I'm using a '65 Rivy and going to make it right hand drive.There will be a cover over the cargo area.I was thinking of putting the Monkeeys decal on the cover.

IMG_2942.jpgIMG_2941.jpgIMG_2940.jpgIMG_0086_zps1375da8d.jpg
Doing some of the body work ! There was a low spot on the roof , but there shouldn't be a lot of putty after sanding.

IMG_2945.jpgIMG_2944.jpgIMG_2943.jpg
Still not sure if it's going to be red or rootbeer.

Edited by Road Runner 79