Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1951 Chevrolet Fleetline Deluxe

RandyB.

I built this kit because my Dad had a 1949 Chevrolet that I remember well as a kid and I wanted to recreate some old memories so the best thing to do was to start with the AMT 1951 Chevrolet which was almost identical to the 1949. My Dad's car was painted in "Seafoam Green" but I didn't have that colour so I went with Tamiya "Coral Blue" which looks turquoise. I must say that this was not a very good kit to build. Several fit issues were the main concerns and I had to completely modify the entire front bumper assembly just for it to look right. I spent one whole night just trying to square up the engine compartment just to name a few of the problems. Anyway I finally finished the kit up and I am glad to say it is now off my bench! The kit is far from perfect but it is as best as I can get it. Have a look and see what you think and thanks for checking it out.

AMT1951ChevroletFleetlineDeluxe1.jpg

AMT1951ChevroletFleetlineDeluxe2.jpg

AMT1951ChevroletFleetlineDeluxeEngine2.jpg

Edited by RandyB.

Great model Randy. The color looks right for the era even if it's not 100% correct. I really like the whitewalls and the extra underhood detailing. Are the tires painted or sourced from another kit?

Thanks guys for the great comments on a not-so-easy build. I guess when I see it finished now I'm thinking it was worth the cussing it took to complete it!

Bruce....the tires I used were the AMT package of eight that are relatively new. A little pricey but they look good.

FirestoneTires.jpg

Edited by RandyB.

• 2 weeks later...