Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt 379 with D.T.U.

With the sun in the sky on Sunday I took the outdoor pictures of my finished Peterbilt 379-119 Long Hauler with detachable towing unit. Those of you who watched the progress in "On the Workbench" know that the model underwent some modifications, like stretching the frame, reshaping the hood, changing the front springs, rearranging the firewall, adding the ultra roof, and some other things.

Not only have I changed the truck but I also scratch-built the detachable towing unit (D.T.U.) and the headache rack. The unit is inspired by Holmes Miller unit. But with no dimensions available I canĀ“t guarantee the dimensional and proportional accuracy. The unit is fully operable with the excetpion of the winch. The front supports can be extended and dropped. The desired position can be fixed with the pins, just like the real deal.

P9291004_zpsc8bef890.jpg

P9291008_zps15a84784.jpg

P9291007_zps6c4c3c76.jpg

P9291006_zpsbb7058ae.jpg

P9291005_zps22af94af.jpg

P9291017_zpsfda43764.jpg

P9291019_zpsa216a268.jpg

P9291022_zpsb9df9e6b.jpg

P9291023_zps8f2e4ba5.jpg

P9291024_zps572a9a9d.jpg

P9291028_zps3e199f13.jpg

Making this build would not be possible without the help from a few people. Thanks Pavel for getting me the hub covers and new set of decals, Tony for getting me the winch line, guys from CTM for making awesome PE parts, Tim for sharing his knowledge of Peterbilt trucks and all of you for your interest and support.

Thanks a lot, guys.

Edited by truckabilly

Jarda you make me want through my work in the garbage, you take it to the next level, your detail is awesome , you do your homework. Your bill signs truck was beautiful. I'm saving pictures of your work. To learn from. Can you send me some picks of your bill signs truck? A BIG KUDOS GOS OUT TO YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER!!!! :)

I'm glad you finally got this one done....I watched the progress and wondered how anyone has the patience to stick with a model of this caliber for so long....Excellent work, and your skills are top notch....This thing is very well done....Very well done....Awesome....