Model Cars Magazine Forum

Slant Six rail

realgone58

This is the nightmare to build rail dragster out of the Double Dragster kit. I chose to throw a Chrysler slant six on it, to be different. It's not ultra-detailed, just a quick fun build. Formed some mounts out of sprue, built a header from cutting down two headers and inter-twining them together, vintage style paint was an idea I got from the box art on the side of the box. I still plan to replace the nasty moon tank with an aluminum one, and I plan to run fuel line and a rip chord for the chute.

kits%2520slant%2520six%2520rail%25204.JP

kits%2520slant%2520six%2520rail%25201.JP

kits%2520slant%2520six%2520rail%25203.JP

kits%2520slant%2520six%2520rail%25202.JP

kits%2520slant%2520six%2520rail%25205.JP

I am really liking the look of this, the whitewall pie crust slicks on the steelies were a perfect choice. One small suggestion is to shorten the exhaust a little so it isnt shooting straight into the rear tire and maybe an angle cut on the end, and that will allow you to move the engine back toward the firewall a bit. This is inspiring me to dig out my DD kit and create something cool.

Edited by gonzo64nova

Thanks for the comments and suggestions guys. As for the fan Harry, I really don't need it on there. I think I stuck it on there as a force of habit! I think I'll remove it. Looking at it now, I should have paid more attention when I mocked it up. I'm thinking of popping the motor back out, and removing the tailshaft on the tranny, that will allow me to move the motor/tranny back closer to the firewall, and yes, I will cut the pipes down on a bias, they will look much better.