Model Cars Magazine Forum

What kit is this bike from?

After doing some more searching, I think the white bike is from the AMT GMC Jimmy Bushwacker kit. Sprue doesn't match the one in the Bigfoot model. The Bigfoot bike appears to be a larger dirt bike rather than a 70cc or so trail bike. Like to have one from the Bigfoot kit.

Pic I found of the AMT GMC Jimmy Bushwacker w/ trail bike... sprue is an exact match, not to say this tree wasn't included in other truck kits. AMTBushwacker.jpg

Check out the decal sheet in the Jimmy..."Mustang Ranch, Silver Springs, Nevada"...

Pic I found of the AMT GMC Jimmy Bushwacker w/ trail bike...

sprue is an exact match.

Look again, it's not an exact match. The "F" sprue flap is missing, as well as the other sprue flap in the diagonally opposite corner. I think yours is from a later kit.

I did see a Bigfoot kit on eBay last night which shows all the parts, so maybe check that one against your blue parts.

Never noticed the missing flap, my eyes were fixed on the parts. I saw the Bigfoot, not a match. The blue I have is identical to the white one posted above, including the tree #.

Austin, I'll get back with you later today.

Bill

Edited by bill_rules

This is the one I came across on EBAY.

That's a later version of, and not the original Bigfoot, so if that kit is complete, it looks like the minibike was no longer included at that point.

Now I'm wondering how many different 1/25-24th scale bikes are out there.

There are quite a few. Scale Auto did a bike kit history in their Harley/bike themed issue with Willie G Davidson on the cover in the mid-'90s.

This is the one I came across on EBAY. Now I'm wondering how many different 1/25-24th scale bikes are out there.

Sounds like a cool new thread: "History of 1/25 scale motorcycles" whether included in combo kits, or stand-alone kits ;)

Hint, hint!

I've got the two dirt bikes included in this kit for photo reference if someone starts the thread 265.gif

$(KGrHqFHJCcE9BZDo!qDBPZ7tgOgDQ~~60_57.JPG

That's a later version of, and not the original Bigfoot, so if that kit is complete, it looks like the minibike was no longer included at that point.

You're right Casey. I was mistaking the tree in the bottom left for a bike. I should have looked more closely at the pic.

• 2 months later...

Come on amt!Make a parts pack with the go-cart and all of your bikes!

OH That would be super cool. It's taken me a few years to round up some parts for a few builders i've collected. allmost have three of the truimph bikes. and 1 1/2 of the gocarts.