Model Cars Magazine Forum

1996 Custom Build Ford Ranger

Hi you all, I wanted to share one of my many build projects that I have going on right now. This project is a custom build in progress of two trucks chopped and converted over and then retooled to look like a Ford Ranger. I'm building this for a friend of mine.. He had a Ford Ranger about 3 years ago that this model is being built to look something but at the time he wanted or had ideas of lifting the truck up alittle. Well things happen and he got red of the truck but he always wondering what it would have looked like if he had done the build to it. Well that is where this model comes into play at. It's a mix up a lifted truck and a off road truck as well.

I have been working on this truck for well sense around late part of 08. I mean everything on it is custom built or needs to be rebuilt, but about a month ago, I had the build setting up on a self in the house for alittle while. Well I decided to clean house so I stuck the build that was in the box down on the floor by the desk. Well a spray can that I had up on the self fell off of it and landed right on the roof LOL of the truck.. yea I know what are the odds of that happening LOL.. maybe 1 out of 10 I think. But snese I was going to rebuild the interior part and make things work on board like working turn signals and what not, This gives me the perfect chance at correcting some of the stuff inside the interior. I also make custom rims and tires like my friend real truck had on it at the time to!

SANY6246.jpg

SANY6298.jpg

SANY6300.jpg

SANY6307.jpg

SANY6314.jpg

That is just afew photos, but everything you see in the photos is what I built though almost. The truck cabs was a chevy Silverado, and a chevy lighting that I chop both of to make into a bigger scale Ranger model for my friend. I am also paling when finish use his real ranger touch up paint to paint this truck in as well ;)

Edited by m0parman

• 2 years later...

That is pretty cool dude. It sucks that it is broke, but like you said, now you can fix things. I have a 1990 Ford Ranger 4x4 that I want to make a model of, and I am trying to find a way to make one since I can't find a kit. I am thinking of finding a kit for a 1st gen Explorer and findind a body to put the front end from the explorer on.