Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jake Johnston Rambunctious Charger

AZ Boy

Revell Snowman Charger (modified, of course!)' Slixx decals that were at least fourteen years old, and some various aftermarket parts along with a little scratchbuilding. This thing fell together quickly for me for once. Any comments or questions are certainly welcome. I hope you'll enjoy.

imagejpg2_zps18f5a99e.jpg

imagejpg1_zps5b96a9b9.jpg

imagejpg6_zps3c7cc369.jpg

Hi Aaron, a beautiful model there.

What I miss on such a perfect model is that the slicks are not sanded a bit to take the shine off the surface. The car looks so good, better than the model used for the box photos. The shiny slicks just seem to stick out more since the rest is so perfect. Just my opinion, I hope this sets well with you.

Could you tell us how you painted the tin work? Which, if any aftermarket parts were used in the build, like on the motor?

A fantastic model, respect!

Michael

Thanks Michael. Actually, the slicks are sanded, but because they're resin, and not rubber, the don't show up well in these photos. The tin work is actually tin, not styrene so no paint was necessary. The only aftermarket parts I used on this were some Detail Master A/N fittings and braided line, and a few MCG photoetched pieces. Everything else was scratchbuilt.

Aaron, great job, I saw this car run many, many times back in the day at Maryland tracks. I have a few questions below as I want to build this also.

This is 1/25 scale right?

Are the decals still available for this?

What kit did you use for the base?

Oh last but not least, what no PT parts on it, we have to talk :lol:

Charlie

Pro Tech

Thanks fellas! Charlie, yes...it's a 1/25th scale. The base kit is the Snowman Charger. I don't see this decal on the Slixx website anymore, but I'm sure there are plenty floating around out there at swap meets.

I have some of your braided line, but I'm still learning how to strip the ends off of them correctly. Don't worry, I'll keep on trying cuz I think it's the best stuff out there!

Ken, I had a few pieces that broke cleanly. With a little work, I was able to get them lined up again. Working with decals that old (without a backup) is pretty nerve-wracking! :)

WOW !! Just WOW !!

Every time I think I've seen your best one, there you go and knock another one outta the park, Aaron.

This one is really, nice. I gotta say the tinwork and steering mount jumped right out at me.

You know I love it when we get the details right.......

(I DO understand about the old decals........M/T Starfire not going anywhere..)

Great, great build my FC friend !

Thanks guys! Glenn - yes, I used the 1320Wayne tried-and-true method of raising the axle mounts, the body hinge and lowering the roll cage to achieve the lowered stance.

Edited by AZ Boy