Model Cars Magazine Forum

Guest Johnny

I used to subscribe to both magazines and I actually remember that issue and the story! B)

Where do the years go, they seem to pass so quickly. :(

Sadly, it's gone. Had the old AutoWorld wheat bulbs for head & taillights W/ battery pack in sleeper. Overdrive & OO were about the best reference material back then. I bought em just for the model page! Thanks for the nice comments.

The original Auto World catalog, in the model truck section had a photo of a truck and trailer with the Swanson logo on it. Anyone remember?

I rember too! back in the 70's I would stand at the counter looking at the models.. A few weeks ago a friend of mind was pickn in his barn and found 2 boxs filled with Overdrive(I think). Bet I spent 2HR looking at model of the month.

Lou Kroak is still around and still building. He's really into the 1/50 metal model trucks now. Same as Mark Savage. That Peterbilt is VERY nice and very deserving of being the winning model! Especially way back then! It's a shame we can't see it in color!

Lou Kroak is still around and still building. He's really into the 1/50 metal model trucks now. Same as Mark Savage. That Peterbilt is VERY nice and very deserving of being the winning model! Especially way back then! It's a shame we can't see it in color!

He must be into his late 70s. Yes, I remember when he switched over to 1/50th scale models. I remember seeing several of his models in the magazine "Wheels of Time."

WOW!!!!...remember seeing your very nice BIG 359 pete back in 1981 in O/O mag, a superb build indeed. Surely one of the best of 1981.

Can't help notice that this great kit is coming back in original box... in a few weeks :wub:

Edited by ZIL 111V

Thanks, I'm blushing! Waiting for the return. reference pictures in hand. At least build something I can see to work on. Tried to find color pics of this truck, but I guess they're gone. It had a lot of detailing for the time, doesn't compare with what you guys are building now.

Cool! The only time I was in "Table Top Trucker" was a letter I wrote to Lou about paint jobs - he printed it in a 1975 issue and I still have that issue today.

I spoke to Lou about 10 years ago and sent him a printed out version of The Plastic Cowboy website. He really liked all the great trucks being displayed.

Tim