Model Cars Magazine Forum

Conversions for diamond reo.

I was digging through my stash and I find I have two original issue diamond reos plus I have a reissue on the way. One of them is missing the grill.I have a white hood and grill in my parts box I could use. But I was wondering what my options would be for just replacing the hood with some resin conversion. I see atim has quite a few but most include the cab and are out of the price range for this project. What other hoods are available that are correct for the DR cab besides the ones that AMT made? An Auto car would be cool but I haven't seen any hoods alone.

hello todd, these are some of the resin hoods I plan on using for that cab the first is the short diamond reo hood conversion the second is a white 4000 hood the third is a short hood for the white road boss. the dr hood you would still need to find a grill because it didn't come with one the other 2 do. and since DR, white, autocar and the white western star use the same cab you can use any of those hoods. correction also the road boss hood didn't come with a grill

post-6613-0-68221500-1423699432_thumb.jp

post-6613-0-99279400-1423699448_thumb.jp

post-6613-0-93732200-1423699461_thumb.jp

Edited by cappy625