Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Finished 10/14/2018

Mooneyzs

"Me...me. Pick me." In an Arnold Horshak voice.

Thanks for joining me yesterday Chris. We took a tour of the local TechShop facility in downtown Chandler. That place was awesome, a bit pricey, but still awesome.

Edited by gasser59

Joe... you are very close my friend. I do have to say thank you for the reminder that you reminder on the body prop. was planning on making one. I think I will mabe make it along with this stuff too.

Brad... thank you for asking if I wanted to check that place out. Like you said was a very cool place but little more than I would like to pay to use their facility. My problem is that i dont known if I would use it enough to get my money's worth...lol

Stuart... Thank you for the kind words

Dave... Thank you my friend. I couldn't agree with you more on how the vents turned out after I got more body work done on them and another coat of primer I couldn't be happier. All of the extra work was worth it with the look I got with them. I hunk I have some cool stuff coming up next ;)

Bob... thank you my friend. You are right about making each little piece correct. Taking that extra time up front makes a world of difference. I have been teying to aplroach little sub assemblies as if they were their own little model.

Ray... lol you crack me up. I have plans of having this completed by summer time or somewhere during the summer. With that being said. This build will be completed this year ;)

Well I wanted to show another sneak peak on a little bit of a side project but it essentially is part of this project. Anyway I have made a little progress getting most of the parts cut out. Still have more to cut and make. But here is a quick shot of it so far.

What will all this brass turn into..... B) :lol: :

DP-Army-Vega4949-1_zps4d65eb0c.jpg

Edited by Mooneyzs

Jason... you are really close my friend ;) thank you on the kind comments. I can't wait to see your 1/16th scale build you have started you definitely need to start a topic on it. It's great to see more 1/16th scale builds on here. Its my new favorite scale.

Joe... you are really close with the thing-a-ma-jig ;). I will say it is something used in the pits.

I know I have kept everyone in suspense probably long enough on what all those brass pieces will be used for. I will keep you in suspence a little longer and will post a few pics of what I am making when I get home from work.

Bob... thank you my friend. You are right about making each little piece correct. Taking that extra time up front makes a world of difference. I have been teying to aplroach little sub assemblies as if they were their own little model.

Ray... lol you crack me up. I have plans of having this completed by summer time or somewhere during the summer. With that being said. This build will be completed this year ;)

Finished this year ? Great ! I'm pretty sure I can hang on that long. Looking forward to it.

Are you by any chance going to be at the show in April ?

Ray,

Chris told me:

"Danno... You know it buddy, It will be at the Desert Scale Classis finished or not and sitting on the display/project table for sure. I am hoping to have the body in primer and possibly more of the engine done as well. Or pretty much what I can get done in the next 6 weeks...lol :lol:"

I'm holding him to it. ~Dan~

Ray... Yep it will be finished this year. I will be at the Desert Scale Classic, I wouldn't miss it. This build will be there too.

Carl... Thank you for the kind words.

Michael... I am hoping to have it done by mid to end of summer.

Danno... You are right. It will be there. gotta keep my promise.

John... Thank you. I cut all of this with a razor saw and miter box. I also cut my brass with my Drexel at times but didn't use it on these items.

Hey Guys.... I know I was supposed to post some pics yesterday and I slacked at it. I got tied up with some other things and I also had a mishap when I was working with some of the parts... I broke .020" drill bit and had to get another one... :lol: Anyway Here are a few pics of what I promised yesterday about showing you what this little somewhat secret side build I decided to do to give me a break from those air dams. this little side project was something I was planning on build at some point. Any way here is what I looks like so far. Keep in mind what you see is it just mocked up sitting together with no solder or glue, just a couple of pieces of Tape.......

DP-Army-Vega4956-1_zpsb884381d.jpg

any guess's...lol ;)

You Guess it is a body Cart that will be used when it is displayed. It will look somewhat like this when done:

Picture219-1_zpsd61f39b8.jpg

AZ-Div-72051-1_zpsd9e17f6a.jpg

AZ-Div-7815-1_zps691c0fae.jpg

AZ-Div-7812-1_zps7e9501ac.jpg

AZ-Div-7811-1_zpsb90cc506.jpg

Edited by Mooneyzs