Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tyrone Malone's Hideout Truck

I got this kit off Ebay last year factory sealed for 50.00. It was molded in a very brittle cream colored styrene. I have never like these AMT Aerodynes, Some thing always is warped out of alignment or breaks off easy, like on this one with the front cab mounts. The same thing happened on my Papa Truck. I had a real fight trying to get the bed together. It was really warped. I managed to break one side in half in the process due to brittleness of the plastic. I added a Peterbilt bumper to match the prototype, and also new chrome wheels from an International dump truck. The kit parts for these are totally wrong. I also added CB and radio antennas, spotlights, trailer hitch, and fish eye mirrors. All of these were added per reference picks in my Tyrone Malone books.

The truck was painted Tamiya French blue for the frame and undercarriage, and flat black for the body. I then painted Tamiya clear blue over the black to give it a glossy blue tint. I also did this to the Bandag Bandit on the rear deck. I managed to use the kit decals, but added P.U.C. stickers to the drivers wing window and AMT logos. This is the last of the four AMT Tyrone Malone trucks I had to build for my collection. This one I worked on off and on for over 6 months because I got so frustrated with the brittleness of the plastic and the fit problems mentioned about. I may do the Boss truck of America and Mama truck in the near future. I have a spare Super Boss in the closet for parts just in case.

P1010075.jpg

P1010077.jpg

P1010080.jpg

P1010081.jpg

P1010079.jpg

P1010078.jpg

• 1 month later...

That is a very nice build.

I have the PA PA truck and the long frame AMT VIT cabover I plan on building my own race set up with those two.

Or maybe a tri axel kw conv.

Either way I hope they come out as nice as these .Thanks for showing them.

God Bless

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...