Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960 Cor-Vex

Lunajammer

2v2unsghuxfGubg.jpg

2v2unsgLVxfGubg.jpg

2v2unsgkMxfGubg.jpg

2v2unsLdrxfGubg.jpg

2v2unsLq3xfGubg.jpg

This was the Highway Scenes edition Corvette and though I wasn't too troubled by the ancient engineering, the separate windshield frame and misshapen bulletproof glass almost defeated me. I ended up shaping clear plastic and speaking in tongues at the flimsy, delicate frame. Headlights, taillights and grill are scratch built, other shapes came from the parts box, including two 1/48 scale drop tank halves.

Edited by Lunajammer
  • Like 2

Thanks guys, I'm all warm and fuzzy now. Nothing like affirmation.

Jim, I think I would have failed if I didn't hear from you.

Regarding the headlights Casey, the lenses are flat on the back so the white glue either finds air as it dries or finds a way to crinkle. Wouldn't have been a problem if it was concave so I can probably resolve it if I can find different shaped lenses.

This is really neat, I have some plans for an older Corvette concept car based on the 1953 model and you have given me some inspiration.

Thanks guys, I'm all warm and fuzzy now. Nothing like affirmation.

Jim, I think I would have failed if I didn't hear from you.

Regarding the headlights Casey, the lenses are flat on the back so the white glue either finds air as it dries or finds a way to crinkle. Wouldn't have been a problem if it was concave so I can probably resolve it if I can find different shaped lenses.

You might try a drop of Future to attach the headlights. I white glue or Future for gluing clear parts. I find white glue is better when there is some gap to fill or minimal surface for the Future to get a grip like on the windshield, but Future works well when it has a solid base, and I've never seen it crinkle like the white glue did, it always comes out clear when dry.