Model Cars Magazine Forum

White road boss....next up....

ok fellas, nothing picture worthy yet, but I am working on this combo.......got the trailer basic frame together and painted, got the wheels half painted, and the outer and inner box painted.

I started fiddling with the cab and hood, sanding seams and what not in preparation to glue on the odds and ends before I paint it.

if you guys would be so kind, I need some good side pic's of hood/cab fit, and just exactly where the 'filler' panels glue on to the cab [the squarish looking one on the drivers side, and the air intake one that is 'wedge' shaped on the passenger side] I hope this will be easier than mocking the whole thing up. any help here is appreciated.

I hope to start on the frame tomorrow, work on the trailer, and finish up a 71 cuda......I got plastic everywhere lol.......

two pages and I haven't posted a pic of progress yet, lol. stay tuned though, frame is built, motor is 1/2 built and interior is about 1/2 done. I hope to have a rolling chassis tomorrow night, after that, pic's will follow.

p.s. cab is in first color paint, hope to have second color on later or tomorrow night,.........hang in there with me, will have picture overload soon :D

Dennis, wheels are what is in the kit, i just 'rolled' with it :P

was worried about the greens i chose, but the more i look at it, the more i like it :)

hope to have the motor bolted together tonight [atleast most of it]

thanks guys :) didn't get anything done last night due to power outage/storms, had some tornado's touch down too.....in central NY...crazy weather I tell ya.

hope to have some more progress pic's tomorrow. managed to paint up all the motor parts, glued the transmission on, and have hood in base coat of white. stay tuned......

thanks guys :)

few more pic's, a little look at what the hood looks like, and got the tanks painted [look good in pic, but not happy with them, not sure what I will do with them....]

photo_zpsdd5a1b77.jpg

photo_zps76303aba.jpg

photo_zpsc5176359.jpg

got some more stuff glued to the motor, and painted a bunch more odds and ends, if I get time in the next 3 days, should make a lot of progress.

thanks for following along....

Hey Tom,

Very nice looking truck and trailer. The gravel trailer looks awesome in red! Very nice build and so is the Road Boss, it's looking good too! Good stuff! Be safe from those tornados, Mother Nature is tough! We got some crazy weather too here in Colorado.

Jeff

Edited by Rigzndiesel