Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

$T2eC16hHJGEFFmltB5W!BR7H4VcMq!~~60_58.J

This one showed up in my mailbox today, 1978 Chevette. I'd been shopping them for awhile, hoping to get one to recreate my sister in law's lime green first car. Of course it's missing the stock wheel covers and single carb setup I need to build the stock vehicle!

Edited by Tom Geiger

Picked up my HLJ Fed Ex order...Tamiya Porsche 934 RSR Jaegermiester, Fujimi Ferrari F12 Berlinetta, Fujimi BBS wheel set (gray spokes), Ebbro '67 Lotus 49 F1 car, and 2 Fujimi Senna racing karts (the last 2 being late birthday gifts for my sister).

Edited by Rob Hall

Copen is from HLJ, found the other two on the Clearance Rack at the new hobby shop that opened up this year. Guy used to run the thing out of the backside of his drug store two towns over for years. Not sure why he suddenly decided to retire and open a strictly Hobby shop - retirement FAIL :lol: . The M3 still has the drug store's price tag on it.

9345610832_33d8981be5_b.jpg

Edited by niteowl7710

If I would of checked the mail when I came home from Hobby Lobby, I would of known these were waiting

IMG_0152_zpsedc32f80.jpg

That is a pretty good clear there Jonathan. Seems to be a little thicker than Tamiya, and dries a little harder. Be sure to use a respirator and ventilate well. It has a very different smell and almost made me sick cause I didn't do those things !! It does have an awesome gloss to it though !!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The entire family went to Shipshewana Indiana to the flea market there. I found a dealer that was selling mostly random stuff in a side building by the auction barn. I bought ask the models that interested me. They had several more kits, but mostly Lindberg kits. For five dollars a kit, I did ok.

20130724_170819.jpg

20130724_170732.jpg

I paid thirty dollars for this one, but it was sealed until I got home. The k mart price tag was still on the kit.

20130724_170853.jpg

These two were six dollars each or two for ten, so I bought two.

20130724_170928.jpg

I got my second 53 Corvette kit so I can continue with my Corvette hot rod "thingamabob". In case you didn't read my "On the work bench" thread I somehow lost ( tossed out ? ) all the interior parts so I needed another kit. I remember pulling them all out to prime and "poof" they were gone. I have no idea where they went but I believe they somehow got thrown away. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

The entire family went to Shipshewana Indiana to the flea market there. I found a dealer that was selling mostly random stuff in a side building by the auction barn. I bought ask the models that interested me. They had several more kits, but mostly Lindberg kits. For five dollars a kit, I did ok.

20130724_170819.jpg

20130724_170732.jpg

You did good at $5 a kit for those kits, all of them are winners. :) Those are all kits you'd want to build, or great sources for parts!

Amt 58 Impala.

Amt Dodge Viper GTS.

Revell 71 Cuda convertible Nash Bridges.

Revell 70 ARR Cuda.

Fujimi Ferrari 365/4 GTB Daytona Enthusiast Model.

Fujimi Lancia Stratos Enthusiast Model.

Pegasus Sovereign Chrome.

X-Acto basic knife set.

A3 Non slip cutting mat self healing.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...