Model Cars Magazine Forum

Favorite Scale to Build in?

What is your favorite scale to build in?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Scale

As the title states, what is your favorite scale that you like to build in? I'm not necessarily asking what scale you build the most, but rather what scale do you get the most enjoyment out of.

Personally, I love 1/12 scale since it allows for good detail, ease of dimension transfer from a 1:1 vehicle, and still takes up not that much shelf space.

Edited by Jordan White

1/12 mostly...don't really care for smaller...the choice of superfine detailed diecast in 1/18 is very good in europe..

some kits in 1/24-25 scale for Euro cars are way of in terms of form and detail..

making it not worth the trouble of building them..

When I started building (1970) it was mostly 1/25th scale as that was what was available in subject matter that interested me.

The only 1/24 stuff I ever had was really all Monogram, with the occasional 1/20th MPC kit and a few of the Revell 1/16th drag kits when they first came out.

Not having been able to resume building going on 15 years now, I have to wonder how much I'll enjoy the "standard" scale what with the toll time has taken on the eyes and hands.

But there is that 400+ 1/24-25th kit stash to deal with...

I have a couple of 1/8th scale jobs in the works but never really started as of yet. I like building in 1/24th scale as you can still put all the detail and every thing that is in the real car and scale it down. Also what is fun for me is the builds I do you really do not see any one putting in what is todays world of cars on the parts and talking to the 1:1 companys like Detroit Speed Inc, Magnusun Super Chargers and such to replicate there stuff and then talking to Justin from Scotts Hot Rods, Raid Rides by Troy and Curtis from RPM Hot Rods are great people to work with.