Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Cuda, all aluminum hemi

vintagedragfan

Bill...i have to pick my jaw off the floor. Holy smokes I am totally impressed. You have some amazing talent and skills my friend. that front end and suspension is killer. I am waiting to see a working air bag system next ;). Fantastic work. You have trully raised that bar and have inspired me to step my game up. I need to go getbyhe lathe i have been wanting and then the mill i want lol.

This is just insane work!! I've been watching this thread since the beginning and I'm amazed more with every update. The only thing I can see wrong with it is that all that beautiful brass work will be covered by paint at some point. NEXT UPDATE PLEASE!!

HELL TO THA NAW....LOL... FLAWLESS Bill... ;)

now thats funny #### right there

I can't say what I really want to say, so I'll just say this...OMFG.

Does the weight of the engine hold some of the suspension down? I imagine that thing has got to be heavy. Have you weighed it yet Bill?

hi Brad, I haven't ever weighed it, I am kinda curious to see, but it does not push the suspension down at all, I'm glad! figuring out the ride height was a big enough pain with out figuring that in too!! LOL thanks brother

Bill pure Genius.........U have no Idea how talented U are :) ..........I thought U could not out do your Keeling/Clayton.......but,these up-dates are showing otherwise.......keep on trucking Brother.

John brother, you are too kind, I can't thank you enough for the support of you and every one keeping tabs on it, I will keep truckin!

Just went back and had to look at these last pics again.... SUPERFANTASTIC WORK!!!!!!.... that engine looks like a beast in there... :wub:

thanks a million Tyrone, really appreciate!!!

I agree with the above comments. Watching this being created is amazing. The accuracy, realism, skill, and sterile build style make for a master class.

Thank you.

BTW: How much metal did you initially plan on using, and have you surpassed that point?

I'm waiting to see the wooden fender bucks and sheet metal....

hey John, so far I have pretty much done all of this as planned so far, I am lucky it is turning out being my first time scratching a frame and using brass, turning out way better than I expected!! not sure how far I will try and take it, thanks man

Bill?

are you fabbing up some mini body hammers ???

hmmm

x2

thanks Rick!

Bill,

I am really blown away at the metal work in this project. You are wonderfully talented. I am anxious to see the final product, but I am really enjoying watching the journey!

thanks so much Dan!

sweet

Bill...i have to pick my jaw off the floor. Holy smokes I am totally impressed. You have some amazing talent and skills my friend. that front end and suspension is killer. I am waiting to see a working air bag system next ;). Fantastic work. You have trully raised that bar and have inspired me to step my game up. I need to go getbyhe lathe i have been wanting and then the mill i want lol.

Chris I figured you would have one by now!! get out the plastic!! LOL all ways appreciate you looking in bro

AWESOME!!

thank you Cesar

This is just insane work!! I've been watching this thread since the beginning and I'm amazed more with every update. The only thing I can see wrong with it is that all that beautiful brass work will be covered by paint at some point. NEXT UPDATE PLEASE!!

hey Codie, I appreciate the kind words and keeping up with the progress

Hey Bill, Every time you update I am more impressed!!! Lovin' it :):)

Randy

Randy, I'm sure you are not easily impressed by the looks of your fabulous metal and detailing skills, I do truly appreciate you keeping up with the build!

Fantastic work, Bill! Can't wait to see more. :)

hey Dirk, I hope it turns out half as good as one of your creations, I'm sure tryin, :huh: thanks so much

LOL, I was waiting for my tax return :D

oh yea Chris! I can hear the sound of metal on metal and smell the burnt aluminum all ready! oh wait, thats not supposed to happen B)