Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th 57 Chevy Turbo ProMod (03-14-13) Finished Bull-Horns with V-band clamps

Prostreet

I have to agree with Jeff, I dont think they look bad at all.. If it were me I would just mist on some different shades of metalizer burnt steel, exhaust,and aluminum like Jeff said , that way they look like some heat has run through them... Don't let this stop you Joe... they look fine.. We want to see this bad boy done....lol...

Thx. for the help guys. I do have some hot metal blue, I was thinking i could hit the welds and radius's lightly with that. I also have some Pale Burnt Metal coming, Not sure what that looks like yet, and i have some semi-matte clear also. I only use a single action brush and it's crappy, Any recomendations?

Thx. for all the help and info guy, Clay Kemp was checking out my thread and seen the problem i had and was kind enough to email me an offer ways to fix it and i can't thank him enough for that. I ended up going back over the headers with a light mist oh the Alclad high polish and went darker in some areas. They look way better now and exactly like i wanted them to look, I wanna go back and hit a couple of the radius's and make them a little darker tint of the yellow and hit the welds with a little more of the high polish. Not sure what i wanna do about the black that are around the welds like in the 1:1 picture. I will get some better pictures of the header on the engine this weekend, they look way better in person. Very happy now and back on track.

003-vi.jpg

002-vi.jpg

Looking good, Joe! Have you decided what you're going to do on the fuel pump? I think you mentioned a resin piece, but I know you also wanted to get it in billet.

Thx. Dirk, I seen Jim posted on facebook he is going back in the shop and he has the pump programed and will make one next week. I hope to have the headers mounted this weekend and try and build a throttle body.

Little update, Been doing some work here and there on the intake and assembled the wheelie bars. I did the bars Matte black and used RB motion rod ends for the connections and i'm using a Micro Nitro wheel. I built a throttle body and added linkage and some detail bolts, Still need to paint the TPS on the top of it and add wire. I also made the Main connection to the throttle body and very happy with the way it turned out, It to will receive weld decals. I plumbed the fuel rails with RB motion fittings and ProTech line and made the fuel log at the front of the intake that will get connected to the pump. I still have to make 6 V-band clamps for all the connections. I should have the headers mounted this weekend and maybe even have the turbos connected to the intake.

003-vi.jpg

015-vi.jpg?1361934330

009-vi.jpg

011-vi.jpg

013-vi.jpg

012-vi.jpg

Joe....super impressive work bud! Those wheelie bars look awesome and I am digging them in the matte black. All of the detail work to the intake looks killer. The fuel lines are awesome man. This is coming along great and giving me some motivation to get back to my funny car build and get more work done on my engine. Keep up the great work on this one

Thx. Dave.

Ok i was able to get alot done this weekend. The headers and supports are on for good, When i was Doing the decal's for the headers i left a tube loose on the passenger side and when i reglued it i didn't get it exactly where it was before so now that turbo is a little further away from the firewall then the driver side, no biggie just buggs me lol , I also got the intake with the throttle cable installed. I got the cold side for the turbos all roughed in, Where you see the aluminum tube that will be where the V-band clamps go and i will also have some down where the tubes connect to the turbo's. I was also able to get the wheelie bar installed for good. Just waiting on the Mag and fuel pump from Jim.

002-vi.jpg

003-vi.jpg

005-vi.jpg

008-vi.jpg

010-vi.jpg

011-vi.jpg

Edited by Prostreet

Joe... Killer work bud. Man that engine is awesome and the details are coming together. I love this build. Headers look great installed and so does wheelie bars. I need to purchase some of those wheelie bar wheels from Jim. And the start of the cold side to the turbo looks great. Can't wait to see how you make the vband clamps. I can't wait to see the next update.