Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Frozono Merc

frozono

:( I'm sad because I have a accident with the body of the Merc............... :angry: .............. I was going to strip the body for the second time............. I grab my Super Clean and spray a thin coat...........and then a saw a miracle................ :o the paint job turn almost rat rod or a junk rod................ :blink:

20131202_195943_zpsf1b04489.jpg

20131202_195949_zps46aa1fd5.jpg

20131202_195958_zpsd612745f.jpg

I don't know but I like it.....I need your feed back..........keep it this way............. :rolleyes: or throw him to the striping tank and start over withaut the flames(they are not to easy)......... :blink:

20131202_200043_zps841c1ce6.jpg

I will post more pics.............. B)

Edited by frozono

The paintjob looked relly good but i like the "rat" Paint more.

Thanks,

I start working with the body and noticed that the paint was lifted in an area. I tried to fix it but it peel like a banana.I think the Super Clean went under the paint. So I put the the body in the strip bowl.

I will post the new paint job....... I'm doing some research on the Internet for some ideas.

• 1 month later...

Looks like you've put a whole lot of work into the interior and chassis that's looks like "fresh" Custom; sort of doesn't fit with the rat look. Iconic model years like the '32 Ford and Merc's (in my opinion) don't look plausible as a rat rod, most people who get one know their worth and heritage within the Rod & Custom community.

It's your model so do it the way you like best.

• 7 months later...

Hi every one,

i was away for some time.......... dealing with some things........... :rolleyes:

I was a little frustrated with this project......... I paint and strip this body 7 times..... my son told me "don't give up...... i know you can do it" and smile at me........ so I restart the painting process and this is the final product.......... flat black....... B)

20140903_180157_zps1098d107.jpg

20140903_180152_zps3c49266b.jpg

I used the front signal lights for the stop lights...........

20140903_180309_zpsf071051f.jpg

20140903_180241_zps3e1b82c9.jpg

I will post more pics.......... B)