Model Cars Magazine Forum

Class of 2013_Chapter Three

curt raitz

Thank you John...I enjoy building, not collecting

all the F1 models, except the McLaren MP4/13 are in a new home...sold on ebay

after the NNL West, most of these models will show up on ebay

I do keep a few of my builds, especially the rare ones i.e. the Bill Rutan Special, etc

I have survived all 3 chapters! :P:lol: Another wonderful year! Not just because of all the beautiful construction and detail. Of course that's got to be a pleasure for any modeler to see. But also the confident eye for subject matter. That means the Rutan car has got to be my fave - it's the whole package: subject matter, imagination, execution, detail. Maybe not a gonzo pro-mod with all those litle blue and red connectors, but oh so finely done and true to the subject. That's why something like upgrading the humble Merit Alfa, or taking what is essentially a virtual curbside, like many of those resin F1 cars actually are, and getting the most out of what has been offered, counts for a lot for when it comes to fine modeling.

Thanx for another great selection. I hope to be able to somehow find the time at this year's NNL West to give them the attention they deserve - before most of them go on the block...

C'ya,
B.