Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Got a few items in the last week...a couple of extra Revell '64 Fairlanes (to kitbash w/ MCW '63 & '65 Fairlane sedans)--I looked for these at the recent local swap meet, but the '08 issue seems to be scarce, scored a couple on eBay; a Revell Motion '67 Cobra drag car (that was the only variation of the Monogram Cobra I didn't have), and some resin kits-- R&R '63 Plymouth Savoy 2dr sedan and '65 Plymouth Belvedere wagon, and a 1/24th '87-93 Mustang LX hatchback.

Me? I got a lot of rain here in PA and NJ. Today, of all days, I had to drive to South Jersey for a job interview. I should say I hydroplaned there! It should have been an hours ride, was more like a two hour trip through a car wash. It even took me longer to get home, once the rains had pretty much stopped. That was when all the roads were flooded and there were more people on the roads.

This had to be the biggest rain since I moved to Exton, PA and it was the worst I've ever seen the creek in my yard. It over ran it's banks for the very first time, and the road leading to my development was flooded out by it. I've never seen that before. Looking at it just now, the force was so great that the course of the creek changed in the bed. Now there is a curve in the water flow where it was straight in the same area before. And I am amazed at how much dirt and large rocks it moved! There was a huge log the circumference of a telephone pole sitting in the creek, and it's GONE!

And the job interview? It went well enough only they didn't tell me ahead of time that the project they needed managed was 2 hours from my house. And the interview I went on a few weeks ago just announced they have cancelled the position. Argh. The search continues!

. (Does anyone make a resin '66 Valiant with an un-altered wheelbase?)

Yes, Missing Link does. It's a repop of the ultra rare Signet 2 door ht promo. I understand they have a new version out that is corrected from the errors on the promo.

The Fireball 500 does sit on the old Barracuda chassis, which has molded in exhaust and rear end assembly. You will need to trim both the front and rear of the chassis to fit under a Valiant. AMT extended both for the Fireball.

Edited by Tom Geiger

You did a great job on the paint. may i ask what engine this is???

thanks,

joe.

318 Chrysler.

Mark is correct to a point, it's a '69 318 CI LA Series Small Block Mopar, And it's the Highest Compression and Horsepower 318 Made, in '68-'69 the 318 Made 230 HP and 340 Ft. Lbs of Torque, and carried with it a 9.2:1 Compression Ratio.

Nick

It looks better in the car Dressed a bit.

GEDC6014_zps49cd4a74.jpg

GEDC6015_zpsffd8bbf5.jpg

It's a long time coming, but it'll allow me to buy more models(there's the model related part :D )...A JOB! It's a temp to hire, but hey...it's money in my account! Thinking I'll start on Monday after all the paperwork is done.

I know exactly how you feel, Andy. Stable employment has been long in coming for me, too. Good luck with this.

Charlie Larkin

Detail kit arrived today...from ParaGraphix for the 1/350 scale TOS Enterprise...there's photo etch details, people and decals for the bridge...plus shadow decals for the windows! I GT a few I want to finish before building this one...it's going to be a big build when done!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...